News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sun King II

Started by sdlogan9, May 30, 2014, 05:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdlogan9

Hey Guys

I just finished my build.  I must say..  Props to Madbean here !!!  This build is fantastic and by far the best sounding Klone I have build yet.

Hangingmonkey

Really dig the white sparkle, is that a PPP powdercoat

sdlogan9

Ya-  I got the enclosed from PPP..  I really like there stuff!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selfdestroyer

That looks great, love that color also. Also, great job on the switches. I am having to rework my template on mine since I can not seem to get the toggles to play nice under my 1/4" jacks.

Cody

sdlogan9

Quote from: selfdestroyer on May 30, 2014, 09:45:16 PM
That looks great, love that color also. Also, great job on the switches. I am having to rework my template on mine since I can not seem to get the toggles to play nice under my 1/4" jacks.

Cody

As you can see in the photo's I used long wire leads formthe switches and mounted them underneath the PCB..  not where the build instructions recommed them to be mounted..  as that will not work..  the jacks get in the way.

I used the recommeded switches in the build instructions(  10TC410  )..  I had to order them from Mouser(Small Bear was out of stock).     Then I had to make sure I drilled the switch holes underneath the PCB.  Next step is to bend the three barbs on the switch down- to make them shorter(so it will fit underneath the PCB) and take off all of the extra washers and bolts so the switch will sit as low and close the the enclosure as possible.    I messed up 2 enclosures before I got all this figured out(I drilled the holes in unusable places).    Last tip I would have would be to solder the PCB on the Pots up as high as possible to make plenty of room underneath the PCB.

I know this is kind of wordy and probably a bad explanation of what I had to do..  but I hope it helps some:)

You have definitely helped me out in the past Cody :) !!

After all of the work involved after building the pedal...  in the end I must say it was all worth it!!  This is by far.. and I mean by far the best sounding pedal ever!!  Once again major props to Madbean here!!!!!

-Shane

bela1961

Two days to populate and solder board for testing. Works great, time to box it up, No sweat right? WRONG! 9 hours of thinking, changing wire length's, etc. I only wound up with 2 extra holes, which I can fix pretty easily. Now, for the reward, what a gain monster! and what sets it apart is being able to tweak so many parameters. I don't know if it sounds exactly like a klone, but who cares, who needs a klone when you've got this. Thank you Madbean.

sdlogan9

Good to hear you got it all working Bella!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk