News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lab Series L5 preamp in a pedal

Started by aion, May 02, 2016, 01:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Droogie

Having lugged an L5 all over creation for years in the late 70's into the 80's, and then buying a Pearce preamp when they came out, I figured I pretty much had to get one of these! I've got it popped except pots and switches—just waiting on an enclosure. I can't wait to fire this thing up cuz I love the midrange/frequency control, especially when dealing with random amps.
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

sauerkraut

I would take one enclosure in a group buy, too (if it is possible for Europeans to join).

hylandren

Wow, what a major achievement, and impeccably clean to boot!

Quote from: jimilee on May 02, 2016, 01:47:22 AM
...sounds like a serious commitment, does it come with a prenup?

:D
Okay, THAT'S the best laugh I've had today!

pierre67

Quote from: sauerkraut on May 04, 2016, 04:23:52 PM
I would take one enclosure in a group buy, too (if it is possible for Europeans to join).

the same here !  :)

dbp512

I saw this post the other day, but I'm only posting now as it took a while to recover from the shock; that board is something else. Truly amazing work. I'll certainly pick one up later, when I can dedicate the time to such a daunting task. That means you can count me in for an enclosure as well. 

Also, congratulations, you've made a very short list of pedals I want that have side mounted jacks. So far none of them have been DIY since I've been able to squeeze the jacks up top in everything I build, but for this one I'll listen to the build doc's advise and follow your layout exactly.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

aion

Thanks for your patience everyone - all orders are packed and will go out in today's mail!

I will have news soon about the enclosures...

Leevibe

Some people run triathlons, some climb Everest, some build this! What a stunning piece of perfection. This is so beautifully designed and executed. Now don't screw up the wiring!! Hehe.

markeprice

I think I will take advantage of your current discount on the PCBs, but how long before you think a group buy on the finished enclosures would be ready?  Thanks!
Cuz they's made for Giggin!
Mark Price: owner frogpedals.com

Isaiah

I'm interested in a silk-screened, pre-drilled enclosure or two if there is a group buy, please!
I had originally thought I'd pick up a PCB in a few months after I finish some other projects and knowing that drilling enclosures is a ballache, but now...

aion

I just placed the order for 10 enclosures with Mammoth. They have a 3 week lead time, and I requested a physical proof, so I bet we're looking at 6 weeks before I have them in-hand. They will probably be $38 + shipping, and will be drilled as well as having "9VAC ONLY" printed on the front-facing panel near the DC jack (you can never be too careful).

I may increase the qty to 25 after I get the proof, as there are definitely more than 10 people who want an enclosure - but I didn't want to give them too much of my money without knowing they could pull it off :) I will also make the drill & artwork files available on the site if anyone else wants to organize a group buy in the future.

markeprice

Thank you for getting that group buy together.  38 plus shipping is more than fair knowing how my project has 17 drills and accuracy is an issue as well as powdercoating and labeling!  Not bad at all! 
Cuz they's made for Giggin!
Mark Price: owner frogpedals.com

dbp512

Thats fantastic to hear, I didn't think it would be so soon! I might end up ordering the board while on sale, but if its not much longer to wait and it would save on shipping, would I be able to delay the order until the enclosures arrive? I know I'll end up buying the pcb when you ship out the enclosures, and this way I can offset most of the cost of the nameplate.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

aion

Quote from: dbp512 on May 06, 2016, 06:35:01 PM
Thats fantastic to hear, I didn't think it would be so soon! I might end up ordering the board while on sale, but if its not much longer to wait and it would save on shipping, would I be able to delay the order until the enclosures arrive? I know I'll end up buying the pcb when you ship out the enclosures, and this way I can offset most of the cost of the nameplate.

I'll give you a rain check on the discounted price if you want to order them together. Just leave a note along with the order and I'll refund the $4 when I ship everything!

pierre67

...do you have an estimation for the shipping cost to Europe...?

dbp512

Quote from: aion on May 06, 2016, 06:50:33 PM
I'll give you a rain check on the discounted price if you want to order them together. Just leave a note along with the order and I'll refund the $4 when I ship everything!

Oh sweet, thank you. Normally I'd skip the finishing touches like nice knobs and labels, but this deserves all the little touches, especially the nameplate.