News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

09.11 - New boards / Projects page updated

Started by madbean, September 12, 2010, 01:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The new projects page has been uploaded, along with the release of the five newly manufactured boards. I've tweaked the page into more of a category style, which I think helps organize things a little better. Also, I've added "archive" downloads that contains many of the older versions of the projects.

The five new boards available are for the Slambox, EgoDriver, Serendipity, Sabertooth and the Darkside. Each project has a new document with both the layouts for the fabbed boards, and for the single sided design. So, now you only need one document. A couple of the single sided designs were tweaked in minor ways, too.

Please let me know if you find anything that's broken. I think I've got everything tested, but I've been at this for a couple of days, so yeah...I'm a little burned :)

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/index.html

pauloman80

Love the new layout, my friend!  Nice to have the pedals organized according to function.  Well done!
--------------------------------------------------
Regards,
pauloman80

jkokura

Site's glitchy on my computer. I miss the old way.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

Jacob - what problems have you encountered? And, what browser are you using?

HM

Very good Brian .. is much easier and orderly way ... congratulations .-
I notice that the document Sqweeker and Thumper does not have the pcb.

Haberdasher

Cool.

Looks and works great in Firefox 3.6.9 and Opera 10.62.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

maysink

And Safari 5 (on a mac). Much easier to find what you're looking for. Why is the thumper discontinued?
[nothing to see here]
-e

madbean

Thanks guys. I will get the remaining PCB artwork ASAP. I wasn't able to squeeze that in for today.

I discontinued the Thumper and Fallout only because I'm trying to get away from doing large, hand-made boards. In fact, this is the beginning of my transitioning out of hand-made stuff, altogether. It's time to grow the website and expand the horizon in terms of content. I want to have time to offer more ORIGINAL (and fun) projects that I hope will be innovative in some way. And also, I want to start working on the educational content, too. I have not been able to do these things due to the enormous amount of time it takes to make so many different boards. This week, I had my first day in 5 months with no outstanding orders....that's kinda stressful  ;D

So, you can expect many more new projects released directly as fabbed boards, and many of the older projects to transition to that over time. The Thumper will live on in that I will get the Slow Loris (1/2 of the Thumper) manufactured soon. The Snarkdoodle, too (1/2 of the Fallout).

jkokura

Ah, I'm running Safari 4 and it's not perfect.

Brian is become Francisco of North America.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

eniacmike

AWESOME! I have been checking everyday and I didn't realize I had to refresh to see the new page.

If I place an order of all fabbed boards do they ship out faster than the handmade boards?

madbean

Quote from: eniacmike on September 12, 2010, 10:16:25 AM
AWESOME! I have been checking everyday and I didn't realize I had to refresh to see the new page.

If I place an order of all fabbed boards do they ship out faster than the handmade boards?

Mike, thanks! And, yes. They ship as fast as I can put them in an envelope and print up some postage  :)

Since I'm fairly caught up on orders everything will be shipping more quickly, as well.

jkokura

Sorry, forgot to answer the first question. Mostly the images on the left dont look right. The images are all squished and oriented wrong. Maybe it's supposed to be like that, but I can read any of them other than compressor - I know what they are because I'm familiar with the projects.

I'm sorry, I don't want to criticise or anything, I just miss the old layout. It would be neat to be able to tell if it's new also, so perhaps a box on the left with the most recent additions would be nice. I only check it once in a while for new stuff, mostly I download the PDF for the projects I'm interested in and then work with those.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

madbean

Jacob,

Thanks. I see that there is a bit of an overlapping issue in IE which will need to be fixed. I'll see if I can preview in Safari somehow, too.

jkokura

I'm running an older system too, with an earlier version of Safari - version 4. I don't know if that makes a difference at all. I've not found many websites that don't work right though...

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

Haberdasher

I have safari 5.02 for windows on this pc and it looks the same as the other browsers to me.  It must display differently in the older version.  I've seen that happen before.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS