News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tape Echo (MP Junior) with Demo!

Started by pryde, July 23, 2013, 03:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is my 1776 MPJ build. Etched aluminum top with an old tape head graphic, pretty cool I think.

Pretty much stock except a value change at R20 to tame the modulation a bit. I REALLY dig this delay. Of all the PT2399's I have built (most all of them) this one really stands out to me. Great filtering on the repeats and the modulation is unique in a cool way. Thanks Josh!

a few pics and a quick demo at the bottom:

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jpparlier/tape-echo-mpj[/soundcloud]

wolfingsworth

This is beyond cool! That graphic is perfect.

ch1naski

Way cool etch!
one louder.

jprizz

jtn191

awesome graphic!! what value did you use for R20?
I'll finish my multiplex someday...and build the modulation circuit on vero

gtr2

That's HOT!

Hope you enter it in the monthly contest.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

midwayfair

spaceboss

You've got that etching thing down. What type of paper are you using for toner transfer?

For awhile I was doing fine, but I've been having more trouble than usual lately. Magazine paper worked fine for my last etch (after I ran out of PnP blue), but that might have been a fluke, because I've hit a wall with my latest.

I look forward to listening to the demo when I have a spare moment; your playing is always worth listening to.

J

pryde

@jtn191:
I used a whopping 1M in R20 as recommended by another member (sorry cant remember who). Anyway, I think the best setting is to have the rate 2/3 up and then use the depth pot for inc/dec the mod effect.

@gtr2:
Thanks again. I am working on another build as well and will decide which one I want to enter after it is done.

@spaceboss:
compliment much appreciated! I use the HP Glossy Presentation paper and print at 300dpi. Cook it on the enclosure with an iron on high for about 10 minutes. So far its worked great every time.

lincolnic

Just wanted to echo everyone else (no pun intended) - that etch is fantastic.

billstein

hoodoo

I've got to agree with everyone else, fantastic build, great etch, couldn't have chosen a more fitting image for this pedal. I'm lovin' my multiplex as well. All the best, Matt.

Cortexturizer

great work man. really dig the different knobs, and of course, the etch. I always envy all of you that know how to etch :D
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

steveperiod

like everyone else said: that etch. great graphic, great font choice, great all the way around.

billstein

Quote from: pryde on July 23, 2013, 05:52:57 PM

compliment much appreciated! I use the HP Glossy Presentation paper and print at 300dpi. Cook it on the enclosure with an iron on high for about 10 minutes. So far its worked great every time.

Hey Pryde. How long did you etch it for?