News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3rd degree burns on my left hand.

Started by blearyeyes, March 03, 2016, 08:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

Sorry to hear it man. It'll be done work and time but I'm sure you'll get back to 100%.

Picking up a pedal steel is a cool idea. As far as the gas goes my vote is an Electrical Guitar Company model. I've always thought an aluminum neck guitar would be cool to have, but they are way out of my price bracket.

pryde

Quote from: davent on March 03, 2016, 10:49:35 PM
Sorry to hear!

The doctors will put you back together so you can keep going but it's the physiotherapists that give you your life back. Find a good one and put in the time and you'll be back good as new. It does take time and effort, no magic bullets, physio's the key.

dave

This^ I am an occupational therapist (only 2 days per week now) and focused my practice & training in industrial rehab/ergonomics. I never had the opportunity to work with burns. Hopefully your therapist is well experienced with burns and scar tissue rehab to help you get the best outcomes possible.

Now go shopping  :)

jtaormina

Sucks dude. Go get old bassman or showman or bandmaster. Hook it up to a 2x12 or 4x12 with vintage 30s put it on 10, plug in a fuzz face and something with humbuckers (I'd pick a 335 but that's me). You should start feeling better after the first couple notes.

peAk

Bummer

If you don't mind me asking, how did it happen?

stevie1556

Sorry to hear this bud, awful news. To echo what's written above, the physio will help you get back to 100%. After a knee operation a couple of years ago, the physio and exercises the physio gave me really did help, and I've even been able to take up running!

You should definitely treat yourself to some new gear as a treat! What gear are you looking at?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

m-Kresol

Sorry to hear, really bummer for sure. I cut myself two times really bad in 3 months and had to get stitches + splint for a few weeks. Was really annoying not to be able to do anything as you'd usually would.
Best thing was, I just ordered a new LP, cut myself and then it arrived early, too. I couldn't bend my left pinky finger for quite some time, but playing guitar actually was a good rehab. Evertime I stopped playing my finger was more flexible than when I started.

For gear, I'd get a Jazzmaster or Jaguar.  :)

Get well soon!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

blearyeyes

Quote from: peAk on March 04, 2016, 03:39:38 AM
Bummer

If you don't mind me asking, how did it happen?

A fire breathing dragon was doggin the neighborhood and I had to do something.

GermanCdn

If you've got time on your hands, get a custom build done.  You can spend months on the Kiesel guitar building tool online dreaming of what you'd really like, wait a couple more months for the build, and then almost be ready to go by the time you've healed up.

But more importantly, heal up.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.