News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gauging Interest, Belton BTDR-2H GroupBuy !!!SIGN-UP!!!

Started by GrindCustoms, March 07, 2014, 04:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

das234

juansolo

Quote from: m-Kresol on March 10, 2014, 11:07:15 PM
Thanks guys for managing all that PITA. International shipping is always expensive, also within the european mainland. I paid 13.20€ from Vienna to Germany (approx. 5h drive by car) to return a delivery (0.7 kg). Couldn't believe it! Since the company I got the package from had to pay, I didn't bother.
But I guess, it shows that it will not make much of a difference if Juansolo ships it directly from the UK or if we distribute from the european mainland on our own. Also, the question is: would it even be worth having someone to do that? as far as I can tell we are just a few guys here. Depending on the final price for the brick itself I guess I'll pay around the same as with a non GB, but it's always nice to help the community!

As long as we can keep it below the delivered price of Das Musikding, TAD and Banzai it's probably worth doing. I'm just not sure we can do that with shipping from the UK to the rest of Europe going up in price so much.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

raulduke

Quote from: juansolo on March 11, 2014, 08:52:25 AM
Quote from: m-Kresol on March 10, 2014, 11:07:15 PM
Thanks guys for managing all that PITA. International shipping is always expensive, also within the european mainland. I paid 13.20€ from Vienna to Germany (approx. 5h drive by car) to return a delivery (0.7 kg). Couldn't believe it! Since the company I got the package from had to pay, I didn't bother.
But I guess, it shows that it will not make much of a difference if Juansolo ships it directly from the UK or if we distribute from the european mainland on our own. Also, the question is: would it even be worth having someone to do that? as far as I can tell we are just a few guys here. Depending on the final price for the brick itself I guess I'll pay around the same as with a non GB, but it's always nice to help the community!

As long as we can keep it below the delivered price of Das Musikding, TAD and Banzai it's probably worth doing. I'm just not sure we can do that with shipping from the UK to the rest of Europe going up in price so much.

I'd take 5 medium (as long as there is at least a little price break over Musikding etc.)

Cheers!

juansolo

peAk

I see most people getting medium and short

What's up with the long? Why no love for the long?

Just curious

flanagan0718

I actually have no idea what the differences are between the three, I just saw people getting the long and short so I figured I'd get one of each (long and short).  ;)

juansolo

Quote from: flanagan0718 on March 11, 2014, 01:53:49 PM
I actually have no idea what the differences are between the three, I just saw people getting the long and short so I figured I'd get one of each (long and short).  ;)

Short: 2.0s
Medium: 2.5s
Long: 2.85s

Some bricks tend to suit some effects better than others. For example I like a short in a Rub-a-dub as it sounds most springy, and a medium in a Tenebrion. But that's not to say that others wouldn't prefer a long in there. It's just my preference.

Cortexturizer

I wanna do the EQD Ghost Echo for my 5-in-1, I don't know what they used in the original, but I guess I need either medium or long, right?
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

flanagan0718

Quote from: juansolo on March 11, 2014, 02:01:06 PM
Quote from: flanagan0718 on March 11, 2014, 01:53:49 PM

Short: 2.0s
Medium: 2.5s
Long: 2.85s

Some bricks tend to suit some effects better than others. For example I like a short in a Rub-a-dub as it sounds most springy, and a medium in a Tenebrion. But that's not to say that others wouldn't prefer a long in there. It's just my preference.

Thanks for clarifying! I was looking at the Tenebroin for my rv build (cause MB is currently lacking one).

GrindCustoms

Quote from: rullywowr on March 10, 2014, 10:15:19 PM
Packages shipped from US to international are automatically at least $8 even for one ounce. You must fill out a customs form. If you can fit the item in an envelope that is under 3/4 inch thick and uniform flatness, it would be called a "flat" and 1oz is about 2.50 usd.  I have lots of experience shipping packages internationally.  The best bet would be to send the bulk qty to one person in each country and then they can ship domestically.  I am equipped with packing materials and label printer for doing this type of thing. If I can help let me know.

Thanks Rully,

that's actually what we are doing, the initial shipment is getting divided on reception, one box to me for CAN, one box to UK for UK/EUR distribution and the remaining stays in US for the DIYers there.

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

GrindCustoms

FINAL UPDATE

Bricks are going to be 11.50$US finally, got all my quotes from the various suppliers, tried to get them as low as i could. In fact this is the same price than last year.... so it should'nt be a biggie?

This price, with the amount of brick involved in the purchase, includes the paypal fees for each order, shipping cost of initial order to Forrest. The other trans-shipping fees are included in the oversea buyers shipping fee.

USA buyers, the best, safest and easiest way to proceed the distribution of the US purchaser is using the Flat Rate Box shipping, so 5.50$ fixed shipping in US.

If you only buy one... it's still cheaper than the single unit price at Mammoth... so i guess it's not too much of a turn off.

SUMMARY

Everything in US$

Bricks: 11.50$

Shipping:

US: 5.50$
CAN: 5.50$
UK: 8$
EUR: 11$

Thanks

Rej

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jimilee

That's really a great deal! What's the plan then, sign up sheet / doc?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: jimilee on March 11, 2014, 11:02:08 PM
That's really a great deal! What's the plan then, sign up sheet / doc?

Google spread sheet on his way, will make an official thread aswell, so we have full coverage of the dividing of order to their respective location and so the BroZ involved can post when they do the moves.

peAk

yeah, I will probably up mine to three possibly four