Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPPD!

Started by GrindCustoms, April 20, 2015, 05:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrtyska9

Quote from: tcpoint on April 24, 2015, 08:42:15 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on April 24, 2015, 06:58:28 PM
5th game tonight against the Sens... in MTL. Should be interesting as the Sens have gained a lot in confidence in the last game....

All 4 games have been closed.  Could have gone either way.  I'm a Sens fan (grew up in Ottawa).  If the Sens don't win, I want Montreal to win the Stanley Cup and bring the cup back to Canada, where it belongs.  Great hockey.

But 4 of the original 6 are from U.S. cities!
Rangers are going to finish off the Pens tonight! (Hopefully) 😉

Regardless of who wins the Cup...
... Cough...Rangers...Cough
There is a lot of amazing hockey being played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Richard

pickdropper

Quote from: mcallisterra on April 24, 2015, 08:44:56 PM
Quote from: irmcdermott on April 24, 2015, 08:23:23 PM
Grew up in NJ a Devils fan... but being Nashville the last 8 years, I've caught the Predators bug. I know it's extremely unlikely with us heading to Chicago... but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that we can somehow squeak by the Blackhawks.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too. As a Blues fan, it would be nice to avoid Chicago for a change.

As a Hawks fan, I am curious how a series with The Blues would go.  St. Louis is formidable this year and seems to be built to take on the Hawks. 

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

davent

Quote from: Shrtyska9 on April 24, 2015, 11:13:49 PM

5th game tonight against the Sens... in MTL. Should be interesting as the Sens have gained a lot in confidence in the last game....

All 4 games have been closed.  Could have gone either way.  I'm a Sens fan (grew up in Ottawa).  If the Sens don't win, I want Montreal to win the Stanley Cup and bring the cup back to Canada, where it belongs.  Great hockey.

I guess the question would be with the NHL original six, how many non-Canadians were even playing anywhere in the league?
dave

edit, Google answer; 1917 - 2015 breakdown.

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_PlayerNationalities.php
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Shrtyska9

Quote from: davent on April 25, 2015, 01:19:18 AM
Quote from: Shrtyska9 on April 24, 2015, 11:13:49 PM

I guess the question would be with the NHL original six, how many non-Canadians were even playing anywhere in the league?
dave

edit, Google answer 1914 -2015 breadown.

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_PlayerNationalities.php

Wow I knew that the majority were Canadian but that graph is is an amazing representation!
It makes me wish hockey was bigger here. I remember I was a kid in South Carolina when the Whalers moved from Hartford and became the Hurricanes. I also remember laughing and thinking "what's a hockey team doing in the south there's no ice here." Lol
Fast forward to now living in central New York and having actual winters and ponds to play on I don't know how I lived my life before hockey. It is the ultimate team sport.

Richard

davent

Hockey is a blast to play and playing ball hockey on the road, in a gym, wherever is as much fun, maybe more, don't have to worry about that minor detail of moving around on skates. Great fun!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

GrindCustoms

Blaaarggghhh... that was a hard one...  :-[
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Shrtyska9

Quote from: davent on April 25, 2015, 02:16:54 AM
Hockey is a blast to play and playing ball hockey on the road, in a gym, wherever is as much fun, maybe more, don't have to worry about that minor detail of moving around on skates. Great fun!
dave

Yeah man! I do enjoy the skating aspect though. I used to roller blade when I was a kid so the switch to ice wasn't that bad. I mean by no means am I an excellent skater but I noticed I didn't fall down as much as last winter. 😎

Rangers are going to Round Two!!!

So either the Capitals or the Islanders. Looking like the Caps at the moment. But who knows it is the playoffs.

Damn Rej! That is a rough one to take. Sorry Man!

Richard

davent

Yeah i love to skate too, i'm happy to just get out on the ice and skate for hours. For the summer it's roller blades/inline skates, we have a 4-5k no-vehicle-loop at the end of the street so i do that three times. There use to be an unused, empty parking lot nearby that you could work on turning and backwards skating, has a slope so you go down forwards and up it skating backwards... hockey season rolls around and you're ready!

dave

tcpoint

Nice win for the Sens.  Anderson was great.  Ottawa didn't outplay Montreal by much, if at all.  They had great goaltending and were putting good screens on Price.  Game six should be a great hockey game.

Shrtyska9

Quote from: davent on April 25, 2015, 03:05:00 AM
Yeah i love to skate too, i'm happy to just get out on the ice and skate for hours. For the summer it's roller blades/inline skates, we have a 4-5k no-vehicle-loop at the end of the street so i do that three times. There use to be an unused, empty parking lot nearby that you could work on turning and backwards skating, has a slope so you go down forwards and up it skating backwards... hockey season rolls around and you're ready!

dave

Man that sounds awesome! Last summer I grabbed a pair of Alkali inline skates and was heading to the park almost daily. But now we are on a dirt road with no place to skate within walking distance. Hoping to get into town at least once a week to skate a little bit. Probably the same night as open jam. A bit of hockey and a bit of jamming out sounds like a great night. Lol

Richard

GrindCustoms

I'll probably get back at inline skating this summer as i've got in a social hockey club for next winter, garage league, playing in the C and B class... if i don't get back at skating this summer, jumping on the ice will be my death next winter.

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

mcallisterra

I think the Blues are done... again. Down 3-2 heading to Minnesota will be tough. We seem to exit in the first round quite frequently these days.

tcpoint

Tough game.  Sens lost.  Great series - both teams played hard.  Best team won.  Congrats Rej and may the Habs win the Stanley Cup.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: tcpoint on April 27, 2015, 01:32:32 AM
Tough game.  Sens lost.  Great series - both teams played hard.  Best team won.  Congrats Rej and may the Habs win the Stanley Cup.

Thanks mate, it was indeed an exciting serie too watch! Was nice to see such respect in the hand shaking at the end of the game.

Now i hope that we face the Wings... we're jinx'd vs the Lightning haha.

pickdropper

Quote from: mcallisterra on April 25, 2015, 11:56:31 PM
I think the Blues are done... again. Down 3-2 heading to Minnesota will be tough. We seem to exit in the first round quite frequently these days.

Sorry about the loss, mcallisterra.  I can't quite figure the Blues out.  They were built to win this year.  Scary team, but couldn't quite put it together.  It'll be interesting to see if they keep Hitchcock around.  A lot of people are second guessing him keeping Allen in net after game 5.  Allen let in two pretty horrific goals today.  Elliott was a bit better when he finally got in there. 
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper