News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Doubel Ganger build

Started by muehring, August 07, 2014, 02:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muehring

Here is my doubel ganger build on lacesensor's board.  Nothing fancy, no graphics and poor drilling, but it works and sounds awesome!  It was actually a pretty easy build.  Kudos to lacesensor for making it happen.   
The controls aren't too difficult to remember for now.  I should make some kind of labels eventually though.  I knew I'd screw up the drilling, but I made it work.

jimilee

Sweet! How's about an audio demo! I think this will be next for me after I get these next two client builds out of the way.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TGP39

With all those knobs and switches, you definitely need to label them somehow. You did a great job on the circuit. I have this board also, but I feel my skillset is not quite ready to meet this challenge. Was it hard to bias/set up the proper sound? Kudos on this great board from Lacesensor.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

alanp

Good stuff, muehring! It really is a great, great phaser :)

TGP, the key with all of these complex projects is to take it one step at a time, making sure each component's value is right and is soldered well.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

LaceSensor

Quote from: TGP39 on August 07, 2014, 03:27:07 AM
With all those knobs and switches, you definitely need to label them somehow. You did a great job on the circuit. I have this board also, but I feel my skillset is not quite ready to meet this challenge. Was it hard to bias/set up the proper sound? Kudos on this great board from Lacesensor.

There isnt any bias or setting up
There are no trim pots or calibration settings to achieve

Either you build it right, or you don't I'm afraid

To muehring, good job buddy.
Glad it worked out for you

LaceSensor

Quote from: jimilee on August 07, 2014, 03:23:46 AM
Sweet! How's about an audio demo!

I already made a demo featuring the double ganger its on youtube
This one, if built to spec, will sound just like that one.

wgc

Nice! 

Don't feel too bad about the drilling, lots of things to get lined up.

If you don't have one, get a center punch. And then drill a small diameter pilot hole before you do the desired diameter bit.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Hangingmonkey

Nice build. Pilot holes really help. I don't have a center punch but I use an old nail with the tip sharpened to a fine point with a metal file and find that it works great.