News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy distortion problem, probably ne570

Started by vustav, October 28, 2017, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vustav

Hi! I just finished an aquaboy. I get signal but the delays are extremely distorted. I think it behaves as intended otherwise, but it's hard to hear for all the noise. Audioprobing I think I've located where the distortion happens. Pin6 on the ne570 has a clean signal, close to the original, and pin7 is very distorted and very loud. At pin5 I get a quiet and slightly distorted signal.

All voltages are fine except pin1 which starts at around .300V, then climbes to around .400, before it starts over. And pin16 that is at around 1.8V.

Adam_DIY

I had that exact problem with mine where did you get your NE570?

madbean

It's normal for the signal coming out a pin7 to be very loud. A small amount of distortion is okay but it should not be too noticeable. If the repeats are very distorted coming out of the compander (pins 10 and 11) then there is a problem. It could be the chip itself. Also, make sure you have used the correct values for R13 and R14 as that could cause distortion as well.

vustav

R13 and R14 has the correct values and pin 10 and 11 are distorted. Gonna order another chip. Thanks for the help! I bought it from a Swedish dealer btw, moodysounds. No idea where they get them.