News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Orange Plexi (Boneyard content)

Started by k.rock!, June 30, 2012, 05:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.rock!

Man...I've been out of the game for a few months! You guys are building some AMAZING pedals!! I have to step up my game to keep up with you guys! haha

So, the original idea was to paint the enclosure orange and use a white decal to resemble an Orange Rockerverb head, but the guy I built it for wanted to paint it and ran out of orange paint...so white it is.

Worked out cool anyway cause I made it look like an Orange Tiny Terror and worked out great!

Here are some pics!

As part of a trade deal, the guy who I built this for, made me a custom oversized 1-12 cab. I built him the plexi and I'm also building a compressor for him.

I swapped the speaker for a WGS Reaper (improved Celestion G12H30) and now it sounds INCREDIBLE!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

mjcyates

Very cool! The pedal and the cabinet.

JakeFuzz

Dude. Love the graphics on this one, they look very authentic. The cabinet looks great as well. I kind of like the look of the setup with the head cover off!

DutchMF

Those are some cool pics! Nice pedal, and I think you got a good deal on the cabinet!
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

nzCdog

Oh man... cool build Kaleb!  Even better that you get to trade some pedals for a sweet cab!  nice work ;D

k.rock!

Thanks dudes!! I know! It really was a sweet deal...he pretty much built me the cab exactly the way I wanted it to the last detail. I'm getting a custom Morgan amp and cab soon in the mail (can't wait!!) so to go with that I asked him to build me the cab with the Morgan cab dimensions, so they will look awesome side by side!

-K
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

TNblueshawk

John

eldanko

That looks absolutely killer!  I swear, I've had a Boneyard sitting on my desk for the past 6 months and I just haven't been able to come up with cool artwork for it.  Wish I'd thought of this first!! 

And that cab is awesome.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

k.rock!

Quote from: TNblueshawk on July 02, 2012, 12:09:20 AM
What a pro looking pedal man!

Thanks dude! I was very pleased with the outcome of the waterslide cause I was having a rough time with some previous builds (the decals where wrinkling up on me...so frustrating!)

Quote from: eldanko on July 02, 2012, 02:22:20 AM
That looks absolutely killer!  I swear, I've had a Boneyard sitting on my desk for the past 6 months and I just haven't been able to come up with cool artwork for it.  Wish I'd thought of this first!! 

And that cab is awesome.

Thanks man! Go for it! It's a great sounding pedal man...if you want, I can design some artwork for you :) Just send me a PM and we can bounce off some ideas! Or if you just wanna use the graphics I used for this one or the Plexi Legacy, I can send you the Photoshop/Illustrator files.

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

k.rock!

Quote from: JakeFuzz on June 30, 2012, 05:47:49 PM
Dude. Love the graphics on this one, they look very authentic. The cabinet looks great as well. I kind of like the look of the setup with the head cover off!

haha thanks dude! I'm loving the way it looks without the chassis too...in fact I've been gigging with it like that and people are immediately drawn to it. It's so much easier to experiment with tubes too...That's the main reason I have it like that. I currently have a NOS 7025 on V1 for some smooth clipping and a NOS RCA 12AX7A tube on the other position. I also have a NOS RCA 5751 Command Series that I use on V1 sometimes and sounds really good too.

-K
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com