News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Limited time only

Started by atreidesheir, June 05, 2013, 12:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atreidesheir

(this is ditto'd with byoc or vice versa, or something)
Found out today I have cancer again.  (testicular first time)
melanoma this time.  on my hip beneath the waist line.  I would have to line up a mirror to get sunlight there. 8)
They think it might be in my kidney area too.  50-50, more or less. :o   (that one is abnormal not malignant so here's hoping)
sucks.

I go on Monday to get carved up.  My wife said if it was bad I would wake up surrounded by high class hookers.  I told her I already spend too much time with her girlfriends and they're middle class at best.  She gets my jokes.

No big bills yet or other crap.  I will ditto this at BYOC too.  FSB would just tell me the tumor's blood flow is wired like an amatuer bootweaker. :P   

Keep my wife and son in your thoughts and prayers.
He just wants me to be well enough TO FIGHT!

I hope to use my down time to use Eagle much better.  and end world hunger.  nah, eagle.
cheers
charles
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

billstein

Wow Charles. I'm so sorry to hear about this and I will be praying for you. Please keep us up to date.

pickdropper

Charles, I wish you luck as you fight the disease.  Obviously you are already planning on what you will do when you are done with it, which is the best possible attitude to have.  I hope you get through it as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

spaceboss

Fight on brother.

I've never met you, but after having testicular cancer twice myself, we're both part of that big extended family. Stay strong for your son and wife. And do what you can to approach each day with an even keel. You've been through the mill once, so having some idea of what you are in for is both a blessing and a curse. Your surly sense of humor will serve you well.

I'm pulling for you and yours.

James

atreidesheir

From the vast concise knowledge I have from Google, this may not be as bad as before.

At least I don't have what Elvis had in 'Bubba Ho-Tep'

pryde

Wow. Stay strong. You got this.

I can't relate regarding cancer but I am a 35-year Type I diabetic with my share of medical ups and downs so I "get it", believe me.

Positive energy coming at you.  ;)

cooder

I don't know you and I life likely half a world away from where you are.
I just wish you the best with whatever comes for you and your loved ones!

Kia Kaha! (Maori for 'Stand strong').
BigNoise Amplification

atreidesheir

thanks everybody.
pryde, I know you get it bro.  type I is just awful.  good to hear from all of you.
I feel connected to our community.

lincolnic

I hope you have the quickest and most pain-free experience possible. Stay strong!

nzCdog

What a bombshell!  :( 
Keep fighting mate, never say never!  Will pray for you and the family

RobA

Quote from: atreidesheir on June 05, 2013, 01:18:42 AM
From the vast concise knowledge I have from Google, this may not be as bad as before.

That's got to be the best prognosis ever. Whenever I look up anything on Google it seems I've got minutes to live.

Seriously though, you have my best wishes and I hope this goes really well for you. It sounds like you and your family have a great attitude with some good dark humor mixed in. That's hard to beat.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

ch1naski

They say what don't kill you, makes you stronger....you won the battle once already, so kick it in the ass again, brother.

Fingers crossed for you, man. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

juansolo

Good luck fella. Kick it's arse.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Parra

Keep strong, hope everything goes the right way. Best wishes for you and your family.

raulduke

Good luck dude, and keep fighting.

My thoughts are with you and your family.