News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A bunch of pedals

Started by Battery Acid, June 09, 2013, 07:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battery Acid

Well, encouraged by pickdropper, I decided to post some of my stuff here... some are madbean's, some are not.

Vemuran Jan Ray + Mojo Hand Iron Bell (I'll post some gutshots when I'm back home)

Klon Centaur, using bajaman's layout

Ersatz Verben reverb

Devi Ever Hyperion II

Paul C. Timmy

Devi Ever Ruby

BB Preamp (using madbean's great layout)

Small Clone chorus

A couple of script Phase 90s

JHS All American and a tap tempo

Skreddy Screwdriver (using madbeans cosmopolitan)

Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret (using madbeans grapevine)

OCD V3 (one of my first etchings)

Himmelstrutz Fetto

Rat Whiteface with ruetz

Rat Whiteface with a repro board (nowadays, I changed the clipping to mosfets, sounds freaking awesome)

Complicate it doesn't make it wrong

cooder

Great builds all around, cool stuff!
May I ask which MOSFETs you ended up using in the Rat? Cheers.
BigNoise Amplification

Battery Acid

Quote from: cooder on June 09, 2013, 07:48:20 PM
Great builds all around, cool stuff!
May I ask which MOSFETs you ended up using in the Rat? Cheers.

Thank you very much, buddy! I used a pair of BS170. Sounds ace with BAT41, also

pickdropper

Hey, those look great.  A whole lot of builds there, too.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jkokura

Wow! I like that there's a pretty common theme here. You build pedals to be played. Yeah, they're pretty colours, but artwork isn't important when you're stomping!

Liking it. Also, is the Vemarum really different than the Paul C.?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Guitarmageddon

Right on!
That's a swag of solid builds 8)

I concur, you can't beat a mosfet rat.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

Battery Acid

Thanks guys!

Quote from: jkokura on June 09, 2013, 10:19:16 PM
Wow! I like that there's a pretty common theme here. You build pedals to be played. Yeah, they're pretty colours, but artwork isn't important when you're stomping!

Liking it. Also, is the Vemarum really different than the Paul C.?

Jacob

I do like this minimalist aproach, gives me the sensation that I'll never get tired of the looks from the pedals hehehe. About the Vemuran, no! They sound pretty much the same... the bass and treble pots work a little different, because of the value and they work backwards, if you consider the way the timmy pots work. But they both sound awesome!

Quote from: Guitarmageddon on June 09, 2013, 10:26:13 PM
Right on!
That's a swag of solid builds 8)

I concur, you can't beat a mosfet rat.

Fuckin' A! Mosfet Rat with Ruetz mod = tone heaven!

Battery Acid

Quote from: pickdropper on June 09, 2013, 10:13:56 PM
Hey, those look great.  A whole lot of builds there, too.

I told you I don't post here much, hehehe. Some of the pictures are from builds that are long gone, I like to take pictures just to keep the record... I have some other pictures from other projects, but the post was already too long, so I think I'm going to post them later this week (since I have some pedals waiting to be finished, hehe)

Battery Acid

Well, I had to open the Jan Ray + Iron Bell, so I took some gutshots. Here it is!

Matt

Wow!  I really need to stop slacking on the builds.  I agree mosfets on the rat amazing.  Adding a germanium to one side even better, tantalum caps for the first 4.7uf and 2.2uf= over the top!
Matt

Battery Acid

Quote from: Dc10 on June 14, 2013, 08:26:50 PM
Wow!  I really need to stop slacking on the builds.  I agree mosfets on the rat amazing.  Adding a germanium to one side even better, tantalum caps for the first 4.7uf and 2.2uf= over the top!

Yeah, I always use tantalums in my Rat builds! And I must say I never tryied adding germanium to the mosfets, think I'm gonna try it this weekend!

biglouis

And what about the pedal between the Wah and the Rat?

rsrs

stevewire

Hey Battery Acid,
How are you?  Where did you get the info or schematic for the All American?  I've never built a Rat and I am looking for something for the future.

Battery Acid

Quote from: biglouis on June 19, 2013, 10:26:07 PM
And what about the pedal between the Wah and the Rat?

rsrs

Hahaha, yeah! That little awesome Rangemaster!

Quote from: stevewire on June 20, 2013, 05:35:21 AM
Hey Battery Acid,
How are you?  Where did you get the info or schematic for the All American?  I've never built a Rat and I am looking for something for the future.

Hey buddy! Just fine, preparing to go to the streets protest agains brazilian government! I don't have the schematics for the All American, but following the only gutshot I found, I think there's very little difference from a stock rat: Ruetz Mod (using a potentiometer), and a DPDT switching between assym clipping (1n4148) and sym clipping (a pair of red leds). Knowing a bunch of JHS pedals, all clones with little mods, do this and I think you're good to go!

stevewire

Thank you for the information.  I was wondering if that was the story on JHS.

Others around the world support you.  Be safe!

Quote from: Battery Acid on June 20, 2013, 11:38:50 AM
Hey buddy! Just fine, preparing to go to the streets protest agains brazilian government! I don't have the schematics for the All American, but following the only gutshot I found, I think there's very little difference from a stock rat: Ruetz Mod (using a potentiometer), and a DPDT switching between assym clipping (1n4148) and sym clipping (a pair of red leds). Knowing a bunch of JHS pedals, all clones with little mods, do this and I think you're good to go!