News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chunk Chunk problem

Started by drezdn, June 17, 2013, 08:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drezdn

My chunk chunk build was ready to be biased, but no matter how much I turn the trimpot, the voltage at T1 is in the 9V range. It does change when the pot is turned, but always somewhere around 9V. It was possible to bias each of the other J201s though.

So far, I've checked capacitor and diode orientation and general wiring, and resistor values before the first J201, with no part substitutions.

Should I try just switching out the trimpot, or is this something else I should look at?

jimilee

Quote from: drezdn on June 17, 2013, 08:14:08 PM
My chunk chunk build was ready to be biased, but no matter how much I turn the trimpot, the voltage at T1 is in the 9V range. It does change when the pot is turned, but always somewhere around 9V. It was possible to bias each of the other J201s though.

So far, I've checked capacitor and diode orientation and general wiring, and resistor values before the first J201, with no part substitutions.

Should I try just switching out the trimpot, or is this something else I should look at?
If you've reflowed already. Is it possible it got too hot?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.