News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

weener II Inductor spacing (etched version)

Started by ch1naski, July 02, 2013, 03:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

Just throwing this out there in case anyone does an etched version....
I tried fitting up a black inductor from a vox V847, and the active pads (the ones that have traces to the rest of the circuit) on the etched version wont line up with the active lugs from the inductor. The inductor has them caddy-corner, but the pads and traces on the etched pcb layout only connect to the front lugs, so one lug gets no connection. I dont know if it's just a funky inductor they use, or what.

But, hey, that's why i have  whipples and fasels .... ;)

(after my last fiasco/fail on the original weener, i thought I'd etch this one, so i dont have feel like a failure AND have to look at a nice, professionaly-made PCB just sitting there, laughing at me.)
one louder.

slacker775

Well crap... That confirms what I was finding with a black inductor I just pulled from an old Crybaby.  I only get resistance on two pins on the diagonal and with the lower pins on the Weener seemingly not connected to anything, I figured I had a problem.  Guess it's time to go inductor shopping...

ch1naski

You can also jump a wire from the non connection pin on the inductor, to the one with resistance....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

one louder.

slacker775

I was actually just thinking that this morning.  Since the pins on the inductor are pretty long, I could easily do it on the solder side of the PCB.  As is par for the course, I'm one component (outside of the inductor) from being able to complete my Weener so if my Tayda order comes in before I snag another inductor, I may just go that route.