News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"Kirk Hammett mod" I did to my wah

Started by Battery Acid, July 02, 2013, 04:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battery Acid

Hahaha, I just received some inductors from Joe Gagan (thanks buddy!) and made some mods in the wah, just for fun, hehe.

Complicate it doesn't make it wrong

selfdestroyer

haha did you mean for the inductor to look like a red turd? or a cinnamon roll?

pickdropper

Quote from: selfdestroyer on July 02, 2013, 05:54:35 PM
haha did you mean for the inductor to look like a red turd? or a cinnamon roll?

I assumed he was referring to taping his shoe to the wah so he has to use it on EVERY FREAKING SOLO.

Not that I have an opinion about that.   ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Battery Acid

Hahahaha, the turd-looking-inductor is made by our forum mate Joe Gagan, and actually looks quite nice! I was really refering to the crazy amounts of wah in Kirk's playing, hence the flip-flop on the top of it, hehe

selfdestroyer

Haha my bad.. I haven't listened to Metallica in YEARS.. and I haven't enjoyed them in YEARS YEARS.. I think Justice for all was the last one I bought and enjoyed. but what do I know.

billstein

Classic. Got a build doc on that mod?  :)

murdog47

I'm more interested in the upside down tube screamer! I hear the upside down ones make you sound like Stevie Ray Vaughan!  :D

Battery Acid

Quote from: selfdestroyer on July 02, 2013, 06:55:02 PM
Haha my bad.. I haven't listened to Metallica in YEARS.. and I haven't enjoyed them in YEARS YEARS.. I think Justice for all was the last one I bought and enjoyed. but what do I know.

Hahaha, that's ok! I really like Metallica, but sometimes Kirk's use of wah is just annoying!

Quote from: billstein on July 02, 2013, 07:23:40 PM
Classic. Got a build doc on that mod?  :)

I'll do a pictorial next time!

Quote from: murdog47 on July 02, 2013, 07:27:13 PM
I'm more interested in the upside down tube screamer! I hear the upside down ones make you sound like Stevie Ray Vaughan!  :D

bahahaha, excelent! Sounds just like that Eric Johnson tone nonsense. Actually, the TS9 was being moded for true bypass, more output, more gain, fat mod and 3 differente diode clippings.

gingataff

;D ;D

Good call man.

When I read the thread title I actually thought you removed the switch and wired it always on 8)

DutchMF

Even after all the previous posts, I still am going to admit that Kirk (and Slash!) was the reason I bought a Crybaby in the first place, 18 years ago. Still going strong BTW!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

nzCdog