News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"Waves Of Sound" (Madbean Double Flush)

Started by mshuptar, August 26, 2013, 02:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mshuptar

I started working on this enclosure and populated the board at then end of June. Then I ended up moving to a new place and left this project untouched for three weeks. After I got settled, I dug this out and got all the off-board components wired up and tested it. Everything worked great. I (hastily) installed it in the enclosure so I could use it at rehearsal later that night. However, I then realized that I had flipped the board in a different direction when I was creating the decal for the enclosure so my Balance/Volume/Intensity labels on the enclosure didn't match the actual controls (insert facepalm here). SOOOOOOOO, I then scraped off the old decal and made a new one. Long story short, here's my "Waves Of Sound" tremolo and I absolutely dig it.

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

hammerheadmusicman

I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

sonarchotic

That box is way cool! I love that circuit too. I built a 2in1 a little bit ago with this and the Smoothie. They go well together.

wolfingsworth

Quote from: mshuptar on August 26, 2013, 02:37:55 PM
I then scraped off the old decal and made a new one.

I wish I have never had to do this! You're not alone I absolutely love this box. The color, the simplicity, and the layout.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bcalla

That's great!  I love trippy designs like that.

selfdestroyer

I love the graphics on this.. They look beautiful. HUGE POT for the win!

diablochris6

I get seasick looking at it, in a good way, of course.  Is the LED green as well?  That would be awesome.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

wolfingsworth

BTW, how did you do that graphic? It looks like it's embossed or something...

mshuptar

Quote from: wolfingsworth on August 26, 2013, 09:38:53 PM
BTW, how did you do that graphic? It looks like it's embossed or something...

The "embossed" look is sort of a happy accident. When I was clear-coateding the decal, I think that I didn't wait for the previous coats to fully dry. When I finally let everything properly set, parts of the decal warped. However, most of the warping added texture around the black print. I don't think I could replicate the results again!

jimilee

I then realized that I had flipped the board in a different direction when I was creating the decal for the enclosure so my Balance/Volume/Intensity labels on the enclosure didn't match the actual controls (insert facepalm here). SOOOOOOOO, I then scraped off the old decal and made a new one. Long story short, here's my "Waves Of Sound" tremolo and I absolutely dig it.

I did this on my last 2 builds, so I just rewired one which meant removing the onboard pots and on the Kraken I was able to turn the board around, upside down if you will.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Hangingmonkey

Quote from: jimilee on August 27, 2013, 03:46:50 PM
I then realized that I had flipped the board in a different direction when I was creating the decal for the enclosure so my Balance/Volume/Intensity labels on the enclosure didn't match the actual controls (insert facepalm here). SOOOOOOOO, I then scraped off the old decal and made a new one. Long story short, here's my "Waves Of Sound" tremolo and I absolutely dig it.

I did this on my last 2 builds, so I just rewired one which meant removing the onboard pots and on the Kraken I was able to turn the board around, upside down if you will.

Same here, last 2 builds as well. Had to strip and redo the sharkfin decal. Also just finished a tight metal preamp pedal and now just kicking myself as i just realised last night that the labels didnt match... Doh!