News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Volume drop with Snack Shack….

Started by rydog2223, September 01, 2013, 08:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rydog2223

Hello there!  Can anyone help with my Snack Shack build? The pedal works engaged and in bypass. But...... When engaged there is a massive volume drop.  Am I supposed to jumper somewhere when using axial caps as compared to radial?  I'm kind of stumped.  I used a 2N5088 in the Q2 spot. Other than that all the values are correct.  When I touch the Out point on the back of the PCB with the C4 + the volume is where it is supposed to be. Any ideas?  Here are some pics.  Thanks so much guys!

rydog2223

I wanted to add.... The box that it is housed in is my "test box". I thought it might be a jack/grounding issue. the pedal is in the very "draft form" at the moment.  ;) Thanks!

jimilee

It's hard to tell, Did you use the madbean standard wiring diagram? It sounds like a ground issue.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

rydog2223

Hey thanks for the reply!:)  I actually got her to work. I had to trace the circuit and I finally found a break between the C2 cap. It is the 22n. When using axial caps it seems you jump over this connection. If I would have used radial caps I would have been okay.  I'm guessing it was something I did as most times!  It is plenty loud now! Oh yeah.. With a little help from my good friend from around these parts told me I should change Q2 from a 2N5088 to a different transistor. I opted for a 2N3904. Was I supposed be jumping on this build? It is the Ver.2. Thanks again!