News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LED lights up for a short moment when turning pedal on

Started by Tremster, September 22, 2013, 07:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tremster

I started digging a little deeper into the debugging pile finally, so other than painting by numbers I guess I finally will learn to understand what I'm doing a little. And I know I suck at physics. So please forgive me if there are some stupid questions coming up.

I have the Fatpants 2013 here, it worked before I boxed it and it still works now that is is boxed, buffered version.
However, the LED doesn't. It lights up for a split second when turning the pedal on, when the switch is pressed to just that point where it clicks. After that, and when turning the pedal off, the LED doesn't light.
Some grounding problem?

Thank you!

EDIT: this is so frustrating. I have a pile of non working or partly working simple drive and boost pedals and have no clue what the mistake might be.
And then, today I finished a Multiplex with a modulation add-on, and everything functions upon first try. D'oh.

muddyfox

is the led on a separate battery-led-clr-3pdt-ground circuit or is it part of the pcb? got a picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tremster

No battery, no extra ground points, just followed Madbean's buffered wiring diagram from the BOM, everything, including CLR, is part of the PCB.

[images deleted]

alanp

I've found in the past when that happens, it's usually a short to ground somewhere (via wires being pressed hard between pots/enclosure, or whatever.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website