News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ZPSDX one repeat issue continues...,

Started by ggarms, September 30, 2013, 12:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggarms

This is killing me! I'm still having the same issue- I get one repeat on my delay and it stops after that. I can't find any cold joints, I've tried different ic's. For a pedal that was working beautifully until I moved the feedback pot upwards a bit this makes no sense. My only shred of an idea is c48- it appears to have a bit of heat damage from soldering. Would that cause this? My audio probe was inconsequential.  Also, as I stated in a prior post, pin 5 of the TL062 is rapidly fluctuating voltage between 3v and 5v. I'm pulling teeth out here. Thanks for any help at all.

ggarms

The slam switch also does nothing when engaged.

jimilee

My fix when I had this problem was a bad socket, got got voltage on pin 1 of all your ICs right?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

The slam switch won't work without repeats, so that is to be expected. The issue is likely to be the feedback pot, C48 or R41. If you are audio probing, them check lug 3 and 2 of the FDBK pot. If you hear the delay there but not after C48, then C48 is the problem.

The voltage is supposed to fluctuate in the TL062...that's the modulation :)

ggarms

I'm guessing it is C48. I hear the single delay at the pot, but C48 is just noise. I'll swap it out tonight and let you guys know. Thanks bean and jimilee.

ggarms

Well, I replaced c48 and the feedback pot and r41. No dice. Still one repeat. I'm not sure what to do. Where is the first point on the board that I would hear oscillation with the feedback pot maxed? Would it be on the out of the pt2399 or elsewhere? I ordered another tl074 in case mine and the backup I tried are on the fritz, but beyond that, I'm at a loss.