Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone know what these are?

Started by sirbergersworth, October 08, 2013, 02:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirbergersworth

Here is the reply from JD.

Hi,

I'm sorry, those jumpers in the kit are a carry-over from the previous version we used to sell.  You don't need them.  Your keen sense of observation is correct.  The jumpers are built into the new PCBs.

Sorry about the confusion. Ignore the zero ohm resistors.  We have corrected this and the kits won't have those in the future :-)

Thanks,
JD

At least now I know what a 0 ohm resistor is. 

Sent using Tapatalk
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

gtr2

"Jumpers are built into the new PCB's"  ;D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

gordo

Seriously???  Someone figured out a way to make money on jumpers???  I'd use them just for the cool mojo.  Of course they'd have to be carbon comp jumpers...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

sirbergersworth

At first I thought they might be a diode cause it had one stripe. But that stripe is pretty much in the middle. lol

Sent using Tapatalk
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

RobA

Quote from: sirbergersworth on October 09, 2013, 05:02:19 AM
At first I thought they might be a diode cause it had one stripe. But that stripe is pretty much in the middle. lol
Bidirectional diode?

I saw one of the these fancy jumpers for the first time a couple of weeks ago in a build here and had to ask what it was. My first thought was that it was an inductor.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

alanp

Well, they look nicer on a board than wire jumpers do, plus you can solder them in just like a resistor (as opposed to vaguely measuring out wire, soldering, cutting, swearing when it's too short, start again...)

They don't work in really short jumps, though.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website