News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tube Flogger

Started by Matt, October 28, 2013, 02:07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

My first successful pcb! ( besides a 3pdt pcb)  the pcb is from Oshpark.  Thanks to Jacob for the Eagle tutorial!

It's basically a Paisley Drive clone.  I didn't leave enough room for the 1uf box caps so they stick up a bit. ( film caps would fit just fine)  And the presence switch is on in the down position.  That's what I get for doing the layout late at night.  Other than that I'm very happy with the way it turned out.  It's a great sounding pedal!
Matt

stevewire

Hey Dc10,
Looks real nice.  I like the Carolina blue and white.

Matt

Hey, thanks!  Luck of the draw on the color, it's a blem enclosure from Mammoth.  Had I chosen, it would be maize and blue ;D
Matt

jubal81

Nice build and grats on your first PCB! That's a really satisfying feeling.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

fendman

Yeh, I agree with Jubal. Great to see your first pcb works and I like the colour and graphics on the enclosure.

Would liked to have seen more people appreciate what you have achieved.

Well Done
Mike

Matt

Quote from: jubal81 on October 31, 2013, 11:41:25 PM
Nice build and grats on your first PCB! That's a really satisfying feeling.
Quote from: fendman on October 31, 2013, 11:51:20 PM
Yeh, I agree with Jubal. Great to see your first pcb works and I like the colour and graphics on the enclosure.

Would liked to have seen more people appreciate what you have achieved.

Well Done
Mike

I was a bit nervous when I first plugged it in, wondering if I was going to hear nothing, alien sounds or who knows what.  When it fired up I had that same feeling I had when my first kit worked, pure joy!

On to the next one...
Matt

rullywowr

Congratulations!  It is somewhat addicting, designing PCBs. Nothing like getting something in the mail that you designed yourself and it works!  It's like Christmas every time I go to the mailbox and find a package.

Jacob's tutorials are great, much appreciated. I learned a lot from his videos in a quick manner. If there is enough interest, I am considering making a tutorial on how to use DipTrace for Eagle users to give something back. I have found myself that the workflow in DipTrace just is so much faster for me, plus the measuring tool, unlimited board size, use of any fonts, easy graphic importing, and 3d viewing is awesome.

And those 1uF film box caps are pretty big!  I've done that before. I always try to print out my layouts and stick them on foam. Then you can just press your components in the foam to see how everything fits before you send to the fans.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Matt

Quote from: rullywowr on November 02, 2013, 05:24:11 PM
Congratulations!  It is somewhat addicting, designing PCBs. Nothing like getting something in the mail that you designed yourself and it works!  It's like Christmas every time I go to the mailbox and find a package.

Jacob's tutorials are great, much appreciated. I learned a lot from his videos in a quick manner. If there is enough interest, I am considering making a tutorial on how to use DipTrace for Eagle users to give something back. I have found myself that the workflow in DipTrace just is so much faster for me, plus the measuring tool, unlimited board size, use of any fonts, easy graphic importing, and 3d viewing is awesome.

And those 1uF film box caps are pretty big!  I've done that before. I always try to print out my layouts and stick them on foam. Then you can just press your components in the foam to see how everything fits before you send to the fans.
It is highly addicting, I have 10 that I've been working on.  Wanted to try one with a high probability of success first.

If you do post a tutorial for diptrace, I'd definitely check it out.

I saw you mention the layout idea a day after I populated my pcb, go figure!  I'll try that next time, luckily my mistake wasn't too bad.

Matt