Main Menu

11.01 - Function F(x) Fundraiser Announcement

Started by madbean, November 01, 2013, 06:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

midwayfair

Well, the Greasegun makes me really happy ... and a little angry. I just spent most of last night planning a layout for Smallbear's Ursa Minor with a MOSFET boost in front ... and the grease gun is basically the same thing with improvements. :P [Edit: I guess it's actually a single Big Muff stage ...]

madbean

Huh, I had no idea. I never actually looked at the Ursa Minor. That looks like a neat little boost.

jubal81

I'm in. Looking forward to the Fuzz. Great combo, small size. SMD make Lilly angry, but germanium trannies make Lilly smash.

I'll probably start working on Mouser BOMs this weekend.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

bcalla

I just placed my order.  I guess I'll finally stick my toe in the surface mount water.

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on November 15, 2013, 03:01:45 PM
I'm in. Looking forward to the Fuzz. Great combo, small size. SMD make Lilly angry, but germanium trannies make Lilly smash.

I'll probably start working on Mouser BOMs this weekend.

The Mouser part numbers are all in the build guide, so it should go pretty fast.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

culturejam

I really think you guys are going to be pleasantly surprised at how non-scary SMD actually is.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

Quote from: culturejam on November 15, 2013, 08:46:43 PM
I really think you guys are going to be pleasantly surprised at how non-scary SMD actually is.
Especially since we don't have to go lookin for the parts. Thanks for the spoon feed. I can't wait to give this a go. Have the orders been shipped yet??? Ha! Just kidding. I hope you guys do very well and I hope we were able to exceed your expectations today.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

slacker775

I just put together a Mouser BOM for the NoMoJo and with the part numbers from the doc, it does go pretty quick.  I bumped all the resistors to Qty 10 since there was a big price break.  Only wound up costing 10 more cents overall but gives me spares in case I drop some or whatever.  The total BOM comes out to $11.84 which aint bad at all.  Only need to source the pots from somewhere else, though I likely already have those values in my inventory.

pickdropper

Quote from: slacker775 on November 15, 2013, 09:09:10 PM
I just put together a Mouser BOM for the NoMoJo and with the part numbers from the doc, it does go pretty quick.  I bumped all the resistors to Qty 10 since there was a big price break.  Only wound up costing 10 more cents overall but gives me spares in case I drop some or whatever.  The total BOM comes out to $11.84 which aint bad at all.  Only need to source the pots from somewhere else, though I likely already have those values in my inventory.

Yeah, my best advice for building SMT: buy extra parts, especially in the beginning.  You WILL fling a component when holding it with tweezers.  I still do it now and again.  I used to look for the parts, I don't bother for most resistors and caps anymore.
Function f(x)

culturejam

No shit guys, I actually lost some caps because I sneezed. So definitely order multiples of all the passive parts.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

kothoma

Ordered.

But. I wonder about this sentence:
We will post a "Thank You" list on this page for all purchases and donations once the fundraiser has concluded.

You want to publish real names? Email addresses? Huh? Bad idea...

plesur

Put my order in too.

Good luck guys.

I'll try not to sneeze on my SMDs!  ;D

Tremster

Quote from: kothoma on November 16, 2013, 03:13:03 AM
But. I wonder about this sentence:
We will post a "Thank You" list on this page for all purchases and donations once the fundraiser has concluded.

You want to publish real names? Email addresses? Huh? Bad idea...

I second this, don't want my name in an internet.
Other than that: all the best with the new company and thanks for all the projects!

pickdropper

The idea to put the names up was just a way of saying thank you to everybody that helped; we certainly don't want to put anybody off by it.  I don't think leaving it off is an issue.

We could also just put the monikers people use on the forum.

I'll talk it over with the guys.
Function f(x)