News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

11.01 - Function F(x) Fundraiser Announcement

Started by madbean, November 01, 2013, 06:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vallhagen

Quote from: pickdropper on November 17, 2013, 07:52:07 AM
  Usually it's 0402, which aren't too bad, ...

Thanx. That was actually the answer i was lookin for (as in "you can do it by hand, you dont necessarily need a robot").

Cheers!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

muddyfox

Quote from: DutchMF on November 17, 2013, 07:58:17 AM
You must be a machine, I just looked up the dimensions on those, they're .6 x .3 mm!!!! I could inhale those and not notice.....

Well, he IS a pickdropper, after all...  ;)

muddyfox

Quote from: pickdropper on November 17, 2013, 07:53:20 AM
I would check to make sure the 1206 cap kit actually includes the 47uF cap.  That's a fairly large (and less common) value, so I kind of doubt it's in the kit.

Good call, it only goes up to 1uF. Should come in handy anyways, no harm done.

Also, a question... I cannot seem to source 25k 3362P trims for a reasonable price. Can I substitute 20k or 50k?

ch1naski

Is that a bias trimmer? You can usually be safe with a larger value, just makes it a bit harder to dial in the sweet spot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
one louder.

muddyfox

Alright...
These 1206 47uFs are impossible to source over here. Mouser's shipping is ridiculous.

Anyone willing to grab me a dozen and stuff it in an envelope? I'll pay any reasonable amount to cover the parts and shipping and a beer or three.

muddyfox

Quote from: ch1naski on November 17, 2013, 08:40:32 AM
Is that a bias trimmer? You can usually be safe with a larger value, just makes it a bit harder to dial in the sweet spot.

Yes, that's the bias trimmer in Fuzzface part... I don't know what I'm looking for turning that trimmer anyways and my ear isn't always the best tool (contrary to what I'm often told).  :-[

ch1naski

In a fuzz face, 4.5v is pretty standard for bias voltage.

I'm late getting in on this pcb set, since getting laid-off for a second time this year....and all my resources are going into starting my own business (e-cig shop). But the excitement of this thread is going to make me pull the trigger on it, even if I won't be able to build them this year.
:)
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
one louder.

pickdropper

Quote from: muddyfox on November 17, 2013, 08:45:07 AM
Alright...
These 1206 47uFs are impossible to source over here. Mouser's shipping is ridiculous.

Anyone willing to grab me a dozen and stuff it in an envelope? I'll pay any reasonable amount to cover the parts and shipping and a beer or three.

Are you in the UK? I just checked and Farnell has them, although they seem to be US stock.

Since these are hand soldered, it should be OK to to substitute 1210s if you want.  They are a bit wider than the 1206's, but it should be OK.  I can check the alignment tomorrow at work with some 1210s.  Farnell has plenty of different 47uF 1210 caps in their UK stock.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pickdropper

Quote from: DutchMF on November 17, 2013, 07:58:17 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on November 17, 2013, 07:52:07 AM
I've done 0201 resistors as well

You must be a machine, I just looked up the dimensions on those, they're .6 x .3 mm!!!! I could inhale those and not notice.....

Paul

Don't be too impressed.  I don't claim tremendous proficiency, just that I have done it in the past when I had to.  I remember it being quite tricky.  I wouldn't put them on a PCB that I was hand-soldering.  Frankly, I don't put then on a PCB unless absolutely necessary; not all pick and place machines can handle them.
Function f(x)

muddyfox

Quote from: pickdropper on November 17, 2013, 08:53:58 AM

Are you in the UK? I just checked and Farnell has them, although they seem to be US stock.

Since these are hand soldered, it should be OK to to substitute 1210s if you want.  They are a bit wider than the 1206's, but it should be OK.  I can check the alignment tomorrow at work with some 1210s.  Farnell has plenty of different 47uF 1210 caps in their UK stock.

I'm in Croatia so Farnell is also on the expensive end, shipping-wise.
They also don't seem to have anything over 10V, not that it matters:

I did find this though, so if it fits it'd do I suppose:

pickdropper

Yeah, that should fit, but I'll verify tomorrow.

We'll find a way to get your parts sorted out.  One way or another.
Function f(x)

DutchMF

Maybe I can be of assistance? I'll have to get me some parts as well, and can easily add some more, stick em in an envelope and mail them to Croatia (lovely country BTW, had very nice holiday there 2 years ago!). Shouldn't cost more then a euro or two because the stuff weighs next to nothing. Are you in a real big hurry?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

muddyfox

That'd be great, Paul! If it's not too much trouble... no rush, of course.
If you are set up to receive paypal monies, just charge a few De Molen Hels on me (tried some this spring in Amsterdam, that was damn fine!)...

DutchMF

Quote from: muddyfox on November 17, 2013, 10:43:10 AM

That'd be great, Paul! If it's not too much trouble... no rush, of course.
If you are set up to receive paypal monies, just charge a few De Molen Hels on me (tried some this spring in Amsterdam, that was damn fine!)...

No problem at all, just glad I can help. I'll contact Rockhorst (He's Dutch as well), maybe we can do something for the three of us. If other Euros want to join the SMT/SMD parts buy, we might want to set up a group buy. I'll give it some thought and get back to you this coming week. Still scares the crap out of me, resistors small enough to snort..... Or is that me being Dutch?  ;)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Vallhagen

Quote from: DutchMF on November 17, 2013, 12:04:54 PM
resistors small enough to snort..... Or is that me being Dutch?  ;)

Guess thats ok as long as theyre leadfree;)

I could join in some european smd group buy as well. Mouser offer free shipping if order exceeds 70 EURO (or there about), right?

Cheers
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/