News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

11.01 - Function F(x) Fundraiser Announcement

Started by madbean, November 01, 2013, 06:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

Can you enlarge the picture, its all blurry....

jk!   :P

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

jimilee

Awesome,just bought some, free shipping too! Thank you.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Quote from: rullywowr on November 30, 2013, 07:18:19 PM
Can you enlarge the picture, its all blurry....

jk!   :P

Well, that is the largest one on Amazon, but if you want, I can blow it up in Photoshop.   ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

billstein

Alright. Got paid and just purchased my 3 boards. Looking forward (kind of) to learning more about smd.

kothoma

Quote from: madbean on November 30, 2013, 09:08:37 AM
One more day for the Fundraiser. We have raised 90% of our goal thus far! W00t!

OK, just ordered a second packet. :)

Good luck!

m-Kresol

Got my boards a few days back! Thanks and good luck with the company!

Quote from: pickdropper on November 25, 2013, 10:45:10 AM
Well, all of the International orders will include the 47uF 1206 caps, so you should be good to go then.

It's awesome that you attached these capacitors! They're the only part I couldn't get. I already wondered were these parts came from (I didn't pay attention when I emptied the bag). Btw., a good source of parts in central Europe is RS components, except for Footswitches and special parts like the Pt2399. Also, I get discounts over work :)

I got one question concerning the Nomojo Fuzz, though. Some of you were discussing getting the signal from the Fuzzface into the Tonebender or vice versa. I guess that's just a bonus feature since it is supposed to be 2 separate effects, right?

This would be my switching for the NoMoJo Fuzz. That should work?!

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

alanp

I wouldn't go with that switching. I'd go with two 3PDT's, each wired according to the MBP wiring diagram, like so --

Input jack goes to input of first stomp
(FX in and out goes to first effect)
Output of first stomp goes to input of second stomp
(FX in and out goes to second effect)
Output of second stomp goes to output jack.

You could get fancier with an effect order changing switch.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

pickdropper

Since I stuffed mine in a 1590a, I did a similar switch, except that I used a DPDT and didn't worry about putting about adding more LEDs.  I can tell which one is on based on the position of the switch. 

If I did use a 3PDT, I'd probably use a bi-color LED.
Function f(x)

m-Kresol

Quote from: alanp on December 15, 2013, 07:44:10 PM
I wouldn't go with that switching. I'd go with two 3PDT's, each wired according to the MBP wiring diagram, like so --

Why shouldn't it work? I cannot find any mistakes...

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol

alanp

Because either way, you're still going to use two stomp switches, but with one way you can have both on at once, with the other way you cannot.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

m-Kresol

My idea was to use them separately, not in series. That should work with my setup.
The only problem I see is to fit all that stuff in the 1590A!

pickdropper

Quote from: m-Kresol on December 16, 2013, 08:23:32 AM
My idea was to use them separately, not in series. That should work with my setup.
The only problem I see is to fit all that stuff in the 1590A!

I've stuffed two circuits in a 1590a before.  It can be done but it's a bit of a hassle.  I used a 3PDT toggle for the bypass switch on one of them.  Two stomps won't fit.
Function f(x)

m-Kresol

So, if I want to populate both sides and have a switching similar to the one I posted above (bypass stomp with indicator plus effect selecting), how would you do that? A 3PDT and a 2PDT stomp or switch (leaving the LED part off)?

pickdropper

The one you posted above will only allow one circuit one active at a given time.  Is that what you are looking for?  If so , you could use a DPDT as a selector switch ( 3PDT if you want to use separate LEDs).

If you want both circuits to be individually bypassed/enabled , you'll need two  separate 3PDT switches and you would use the standard madbean wiring for a true bypass effect .  You would just take the jack output of the first effect to the jack input of the second.
Function f(x)