News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

11.01 - Function F(x) Fundraiser Announcement

Started by madbean, November 01, 2013, 06:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

Are you guys going to sell competed pedals or kits?  Or something else?

madbean

No kit plans for now. This is an actual booteek pedal company.

culturejam

We are *discussing* the possibility of offering PCBs for some of the designs we come up with that end up not being appropriate for the business. For example, we may develop a cool circuit that sounds great, but it's not practical to produce on a commercial scale (for any of a variety of reasons). So it would be a shame to just let that circuit lay fallow.

It's not a definite yet, but it may happen.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

micromegas

I'm really excited about this guys. I just took a look at "function f(x)" twitter account and that enclosure is gorgeous.

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

madbean

midwayfair

Bean, is that really the box for the fuzz, or is the proto just in Pickdropper's leftover Companion enclosure? Because that knob is mighty close to being stompable.

pickdropper

Those knobs are bigger than the production version will have.  I'll post another picture later

It's also a different design than the Companion Fuzz box I did.  Actually, don't you have the extra enclosure from that?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

midwayfair

Quote from: pickdropper on April 09, 2014, 11:48:13 AM
Actually, don't you have the extra enclosure from that?

I somehow got the impression there was a third floating around ...

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on April 09, 2014, 12:50:48 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on April 09, 2014, 11:48:13 AM
Actually, don't you have the extra enclosure from that?

I somehow got the impression there was a third floating around ...

Ah, I have an early goof-up here, but that is most likely going to have the top sanded and it will be a clean slate.  The box you have was the alternate finished one.

That reminds me that I was going to make a board for that.  I just didn't get around to it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

selfdestroyer

madbean

Quote from: midwayfair on April 09, 2014, 11:43:15 AM
Bean, is that really the box for the fuzz, or is the proto just in Pickdropper's leftover Companion enclosure? Because that knob is mighty close to being stompable.

Yeah that's just for my personal build. Those chicken heads won't work without some adjustments as pickdopper said...they actually run into one another. I don't care though...it looks cool!

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jkokura

I got my picks last week and finally got to use one on Sunday.

Nice picks.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

Here is what your contributions helped make happen. Thank you thank you thank you. This is pretty huge.