News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

11.01 - Function F(x) Fundraiser Announcement

Started by madbean, November 01, 2013, 06:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muddyfox

Quote from: culturejam on August 08, 2014, 08:01:47 AM
We'll be posting pics of prototypes, the laser machine in action, updates on products, promotional giveaways (when they happen), etc.

HECK YEAH!!!  ;D

pickdropper

Quote from: muddyfox on August 08, 2014, 07:56:53 AM
will there be a dealer in europe? or at least a us based one with reasonable shipping cost

I hope so.  It really falls on what the requirements are for the dealer to import it.  If they insist on CE marking, it's not likely to happen as there is no way we can afford that.  We are going to get them FCC tested for the US, but CE is MUCH more expensive.  We'd have to grow quite a bit for that to be even close to justified.

That said, most small manufacturers don't test at all (or even use RoHS solder) and they still seem to end up being sold overseas.  We are just going to have to see how it unfolds.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

G.G.

got this one from your Twitter feed. Looks amazing, can't wait to hear what it sounds like!

gtr2

I'm expecting my wallet to get a little lighter haha...
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jubal81

Those aesthetics are going to kill. Love it.
I think I spy a momentary switch on the OD. Niiice.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on August 08, 2014, 10:39:21 AM
Those aesthetics are going to kill. Love it.
I think I spy a momentary switch on the OD. Niiice.

Yeah, no 3PDTs.  All relay switching.

It won't be massively obvious with our early releases, but one of the unknown FFX guys knows quite a bit about microcontrollers.  In a previous life, he used to design PIC chip architecture for one of the major manufacturers.  He spent a lot of time writing code for them as well.  He's also the person I've learned the most about board layouts from.  Sharp dude.
Function f(x)

Tremster

Thomas_H

If you are looking for distributors in Europe you want to get in contact with Cotton Music Supply in Germany. They carry a lot of small labels and are connected into every local shop across Germany.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

Tremster

CMS are well connected, but they are quite expensive, too.
Then you have http://www.effekt-boutique.de/, a big online dealer, but expensive, too.
They all are very expensive compared to your US prices.
There used to be http://crushthebutton.com/ in Belgium, but they seemd to have moved to Poland now, don't know what's the deal with that.
There is a little shop, http://www.realguitars.de, that is the distributor for Barber pedals. You can get Barber pedals from them or from any shop that inquires about them. They are not that well known, but they know what they are doing, and try to make fair prices, at least with the pedals. Amps, I don't know.

Maybe some other Europeans can chime in?!

Thomas_H

Quote from: Tremster on August 11, 2014, 12:27:45 AM
CMS are well connected, but they are quite expensive, too.

Is this a customer-view statement?
FFX will need a distributor with wide reach and low passthrough cost. Price of the product should be stable.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

Tremster

Quote from: Thomas_H on August 11, 2014, 05:11:28 AM
Is this a customer-view statement?
Well, I just see the huge difference in US and German prices of ZVex or Voodoo Lab or Fulltone.....

madbean

The first batch of Clusterfuzz pedals are being built. pickdropper has put in a tremendous effort in making this first batch roll out. We are getting our dealers lined up and getting the pedals in the hands of the right people to start building up some buzz. And, hey: we are only one year behind schedule! But, that's what it took to get here, so there it is. We've been through so much product development it is hard to believe we are finally almost ready.

Here is a custom jig Dave and Jerry made for lasering the sides on the enclosures. Pretty awesome, huh?

micromegas

That's so cool. I'm eager to see what comes out of this.

It's a pity you won't have dealers in Europe yet... Christmas is soooo close...
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

selfdestroyer

Brilliant looking rig guys. Can't wait to see the finish products on a shelf. Maybe one day I will be able to buy one with my Sweetwater card.

Cody

pickdropper

That wasn't the first rig we built.  :-)

The first one was acrylic.  It works, but there is always concern about scratching the cases when loading and unloading them from the fixture.

For each "deck" on this one, it has acrylic and poron foam.  The hole in the acrylic is cut oversized so that it provides rigidity to the fixture but never touches the box.  The poron is cut slightly undersized so that it holds the box in place.  Not too complicated, but took a little bit to hash out.  We have a simpler fixture for etching the tops of the boxes.

Later on, I'll take a photo of the board assembly fixture and post it.
Function f(x)