News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Krankosaurus...

Started by pauloman80, May 18, 2010, 07:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauloman80

UPDATE: Changed out the first cap from a 100n to a 22n, that totally solved my overly-bassy-attack issue.  Hooo, boy.  This thing sounds killer, it's a great little detour from my usual sound, nice to have another tone in the fold.

Woohoo.  Not bad for my first foray.  Some strange things happening with the attack on the low end, sounds kinda fuzz-eqsue, like there's too much bottom end going into it.  Going to try some different resistors & caps in certain places as was advised to me by some pedal-building buds on another forum.  Madbean, you got any suggestions?

--------------------------------------------------
Regards,
pauloman80

madbean

Very nice and very clean, Paulo. Try 22n for C1. That should remove the excess bass. Or, socket C1 and try a few values over/under 22n to see what works best for you.

pandadandan

Excellent work!
Very professional.

Nice touch with the Marshall knobs, too.

mjcyates

pauloman80

Quote from: madbean on May 18, 2010, 08:51:46 AM
Very nice and very clean, Paulo. Try 22n for C1. That should remove the excess bass. Or, socket C1 and try a few values over/under 22n to see what works best for you.

Thanks, Madbean!  I had a bit of a tough time getting everything to fit into that case, but I'm really glad it did, I love the smaller form factor.  Definitely had to change the routing diagram to make it work, and even then I had to jerry-rig a few bits here & there and re-drill a few holes to get everything to fit nicely and not short out.  

Replace C1 with a 22n, great, I'll give that a go for sure as well.  Here's the other advice I received, let me know what you think:

• Try smaller caps at C2 and C4 (both of which are 22n) if the effects on reducing the cap at C1 are too great.
  • Try going with smaller resistors at R16 and R17, start with 4.7k and go up or down as needed.
  • C8 and C9 could probably be replaced with .001uf caps.

Yay?  Nay?  Changing just the one cap as you suggested will be much easier, so hopefully just switching the one out should do it.  Thoughts?
Regards,
pauloman80

pauloman80

Quote from: pandadandan on May 18, 2010, 08:54:23 AM
Excellent work!
Very professional.

Nice touch with the Marshall knobs, too.

Thanks, pandadandan.  Tried really hard to keep it nice and clean.  I went with the Marshall knobs since it's essentially a Marshall-In-A-Box.  ;D
Regards,
pauloman80

pauloman80

Quote from: mjcyates on May 18, 2010, 09:05:11 AM
Looks very nice!

Thanks, mjc!  Once I get it sounding nice, I'll be set.
Regards,
pauloman80