Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Your suggestions for etching projects

Started by madbean, November 14, 2013, 06:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

blackedition

madbean

Okay, I don't have a lot of confidence in getting a good layout for the OC-2. At least not an etching layout. However, I think I could make it into a fabbed 1590B board if there is any interest. It would be a nice alternative to the Low Rider. Two lower octaves in a smaller box.

blackedition

I'd certainly be interested in an OC-2 board!  It is a pretty sweet pedal! 

icecycle66

Scruffie

How about the EHX octave multiplexer?

And doesn't Taylor offer an OC-2 PCB? Or has his shop shut up.
Works at Lectric-FX

pietro_moog

what about some analog delay with 4 3208, maybe modulation, fitting in a 125B? maybe even without modulation.

madbean

Taylor does have the "Chopped OC-2", I believe. I was thinking of doing the full circuit. Main difference is input/output stages from what I saw. So, it wouldn't be copying his project. Think it is too close, though?

Scruffie

Quote from: madbean on January 08, 2014, 08:09:41 AM
Taylor does have the "Chopped OC-2", I believe. I was thinking of doing the full circuit. Main difference is input/output stages from what I saw. So, it wouldn't be copying his project. Think it is too close, though?
I think the input and output is the same and all it's doing is dropping the two octaves down section...

He no longer has it listed as a project though and you're doing the whole thing rather than cut down, so, why not :)

I don't know if the chopped version or octave multiplexer would be etchable though.

And while of no interest to me, there is always the classic Blue Box.
Works at Lectric-FX

blackedition

Full OC-2 is the way to go in my opinion!  I want both octaves! :)

artstomp

..is B.K.Butler tube driver on the list?

PimpMyTone

My suggestions : the vintage mxr enveloppe filter  an the DOD fx20 phaser .
Simon

artstomp

...and another transparent overdrive..the MAXON OD820...!!!!

pedalman

How about some reverb tank thing. I know bean wont touch tubes, but im sure he could conjure up something.
Maybe something low voltage with a pump
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

pietro_moog

what about a ds1 with board mounting pots?