News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A few new builds: Blue Warbler - Harmonic Perc - Screamin' Baby

Started by Stomptown, November 20, 2013, 06:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Hey all, here are my latest builds:

Blue Warbler: This is a blue warbler using a layout I created with the help on Midwayfair. I decided to remove the tremolo section and go with the vibrato mode only. I also made the Decay external rather than a trimpot. Mostly because I was originally going to build this in an enclosure with a STM and I wanted to have two rows of 4 knobs. Not really a good enough reason honestly! It is definitely better as a set and forget control (as Jon suggested  ::) )...

Harmonic Percolator: This is basically an Albini version of the percolator using a PCB I designed. I decided to use 1N276's germanium's in place of the 1N695's and they sound awesome! I actually prefer this build compared to my previous build which used the 1N695's. However, that build used a Tayda PN3565 and this one uses a PN3565 from another source so that could be causing some of the difference as well.

(Another) Screamin' Baby: The graphics came out much better on this one! It's just a stock 808, but it sounds great! Maybe it's those NOS European 1N4148's I got from Chromosphere!  ;)

jubal81

Straight awesome. Great layouts, wiring and top-notch etches. Perfection.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

croquet hoop

Those enclosures are really something. Add to this the great PCB layouts and the clean wiring job, and you've got three insanely cool pedals.

Thomas_H

Very professional builds. I am sure etching and polishing the enclosures took the most of the time.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

selfdestroyer

Just when I thought I was getting a good handle on etching, someone like you comes along and reminds me that I know nothing.. lol Seriously they are great looking.

juansolo

Impressive dude!

The Blue Warbler is still on my list of things I need to build.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Tremster

Quote from: juansolo on November 20, 2013, 09:22:49 AM
The Blue Warbler is still on my list of things I need to build.
Same here, if PCBs were more readily available.

Vallhagen

Fantastic etchwork!

...and i am actually just about to build one Blue Warbler on one of your pcb-s (got it from Jon/Midwayfair as part of a prizepack)... lookin forward to that!

Cheers
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

Tremster

You're offering these? Where can I get one?
I know Jacob has one in the works ...

stevewire

Stomptown,
Those are some awesome looking builds you have there.

Hexjibber

Great builds and fantastic etches man, super clean and they all look awesome! I've got a Sin City etch on the cards as well! :)

midwayfair

micromegas

Top notch builds! I love those clean etches and the guts are really beautiful.

How do you get that final polished finish? This builds have revived in me the desire to etch (is this spelled ok?)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

rullywowr

Clean inside and out!  The etches are just stunning.  Looks like you may have "jeweled" the finishes like they do on rifle bolts like this:

The process basically involves putting a pencil eraser in a drill press and using a bit of polish to do overlapping circles on the metal.  Not too hard to do, but looks stunning when done.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Stomptown

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Quote from: Tremster on November 20, 2013, 12:26:40 PM
You're offering these? Where can I get one?
I know Jacob has one in the works ...

Yeah, I don't plan on releasing a PCB for this one. I know Jacob is working hard to get his version released though...

Quote from: micromegas on November 20, 2013, 03:05:11 PM
Top notch builds! I love those clean etches and the guts are really beautiful.

How do you get that final polished finish? This builds have revived in me the desire to etch (is this spelled ok?)

I wet sand the encloser down to a 600 grit prior to etching and then after I have etched and painted the etch (If I paint the etch) I take a piece of sand paper and wrap it around a pink eraser and sand down the enclosure is a circular motion in rows. The Blue warbler I did this at an angle.

Quote from: rullywowr on November 20, 2013, 03:40:14 PM
Clean inside and out!  The etches are just stunning.  Looks like you may have "jeweled" the finishes like they do on rifle bolts like this:

The process basically involves putting a pencil eraser in a drill press and using a bit of polish to do overlapping circles on the metal.  Not too hard to do, but looks stunning when done.

Now this I have to try!