News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

rangemaster problems PLEASE HELP!!!

Started by zohany199769, December 01, 2013, 09:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zohany199769

hello my name is jonathan. im a new memeber. i was reccomended here by another member to ask for help. ive built about 6 silicon pedals all on perfboard following the schematics and getting everything to go. when i started the switch wiring was difficult but by now i can wire any pedal i want true bypass with a 3dpt switch in the most basic way possible (no led) anyways. i purchased a pair of ac125s the member who reccomended me here to build a rangemaster. i followed the original schematic provided by fuzz central EXACTLY all point to point on perf. it was as easy to figure out as a lpb-1. i used a transistor socket and through salvading through google circuits and the info provided i am sure i have to pinout right. i followed the original schematic and payed attention to pnp specifics (polarizeds caps reversed, battery + being ground and - being power. and the only thing i did differtn was using a 5600 pf cap on the input instead of a 5000 pf like the schematic says. i know theres alot to know when using germanium circuits and this is my first one. but i thought i could put it together as raw and true as i would any other circuit. ( no trimpot, no biasing , no voltage measureing of any kind) i just popped everything in like i would say a npn boost or something. i assummed wiring everything correctly would be enough. but when the circuit is engaged. i get nothing >:( >:( >:( >:(. ill include pics of my bare bones construction. keep in mind my soldering and the rest of it arent faulty and are 95% fine. but i beg of someone to help. because its very hard jamming these 5$ transistors in the socket and kinking them up i dont have the freedom to just get another one AT radio shack i ordered these from austrailia. so cheers and any help is much appreicated.

Rockhorst

First off: make your posts easier to read (start sentences with a capital letter, make paragraphs etcetera).

Which schematic are you using and what transistor?

Another word of advice: don't post your mailadress like that, you'll be spammed to death if unlucky. Get a photobucket account or something similar to upload your photos. Works quite well.

DutchMF

Hey Jonathan, please read this thread: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=902.0 very carefully and then get back to us. I'm sure we can get this sorted out, good luck!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"