Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

t-bagger>Serendipity>Sunking in a DD box w/ road rage

Started by B_of_H, February 28, 2011, 01:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B_of_H

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on March 03, 2011, 08:18:05 AM
cool man! makes my head hurt looking at it still. haha
i've never seen that wah before. Looked it up and it sounds pretty good. from what i get its made by dunlop correct? whats your input on it?

it's damn versatile and the sweep is really nice.  I like it a lot.  there are internal trim pots for gain and one for each inductor's Q.  I have built a few DIY wahs but i've never been really satisfied with the results.  I also own a budda wah which is okay, not the best for funky clean stuff but not bad.  the cae sweep is more consistent while the budda seems to kinda have a lot bunched up in the middle of the travel. 

B_of_H

here is a video from the other night fwiw (just an open jam...pretty late in the night at this point)

the guy on the left is using the pedal I started this thread about.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: B_of_H on March 03, 2011, 10:35:37 AM
it's damn versatile and the sweep is really nice.  I like it a lot.  there are internal trim pots for gain and one for each inductor's Q.  I have built a few DIY wahs but i've never been really satisfied with the results.  I also own a budda wah which is okay, not the best for funky clean stuff but not bad.  the cae sweep is more consistent while the budda seems to kinda have a lot bunched up in the middle of the travel. 

I watched a video demo of it and i was really blown away. what diy wahs would you be referring to? byoc?
my buddy had a budda wah and he got cool sounds of it but it feel apart on him pretty fast. i saved up and got one of the keeley mellow wahs. i like it a whole lot. it has lots of different settings and i can get different cool results depending on where i put it and what pedals i use it with. mine is
starting to get a little scratchy but it still sounds great none the less. guess its about time to learn how to clean pots.. :-\
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

B_of_H

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on March 03, 2011, 04:41:47 PM
Quote from: B_of_H on March 03, 2011, 10:35:37 AM

I watched a video demo of it and i was really blown away. what diy wahs would you be referring to? byoc?
my buddy had a budda wah and he got cool sounds of it but it feel apart on him pretty fast. i saved up and got one of the keeley mellow wahs. i like it a whole lot. it has lots of different settings and i can get different cool results depending on where i put it and what pedals i use it with. mine is
starting to get a little scratchy but it still sounds great none the less. guess its about time to learn how to clean pots.. :-\

I built the byoc but it had a bunch of issues and I hacked the crap out of it and then scrapped it.  (this was back in the early days of my  DIY career) then I built one on vero and another on a GGG pcb.  I never was happy so I just bought the Budda then the CAE and haven't looked back.  I also have a broken Vox v848 and a scratchy crybaby sitting around waiting for some TLC one of these days.