News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Man, I miss you guys....

Started by ch1naski, December 19, 2013, 02:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

Been going through some major changes since getting laid off a second time this year, so pedals have taken a seat way in the back. I've had to keep myself from even lurking, because my love of circuit building tends to make me spend money and time that I don't have right now. And all the banter here really, really makes me want to build.

But I sure do miss the good people here.

I hope someday to be able to actively participate in the forums again, both as a mindless commentator (my specialty), and as a builder.

Curt.

one louder.

muddyfox

Hang in there, bud!

All good things... you know...?

selfdestroyer

Quote from: ch1naski on December 19, 2013, 02:46:15 PM
Been going through some major changes since getting laid off a second time this year, so pedals have taken a seat way in the back. I've had to keep myself from even lurking, because my love of circuit building tends to make me spend money and time that I don't have right now. And all the banter here really, really makes me want to build.

But I sure do miss the good people here.

I hope someday to be able to actively participate in the forums again, both as a mindless commentator (my specialty), and as a builder.

Curt.

Sorry to hear about your situation and its always bad news when a hobby you enjoy needs to take a back seat to life. Hope things turn around for you and you can get back to doing what you love.

Cody

jimilee

been missing you too, things will turn around for you though.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ch1naski

Thanks guys. I hope to build soon. My son had been bugging me to build him the sdx. I have a bunch of boards just waiting.....ah, someday

Curt.

one louder.

pryde

What do you need to get a build going? Sounds like you have some pcbs there.

I am willing to ante up some goodies (as maybe some others can pitch in also) to get you building something until things turn around.

Not a hand-out or charity thing, Just wanting to lend a hand to a fellow builder if needed  :)

GermanCdn

Me too.  Whatever you need to get started/finish, pretty sure I can help you out as well.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

wretched

I got a LOT of resistors and caps bought by the 100 and used by the 5.
Im willing to throw in what I have. ..... I wanna see a fuzz :)

jimilee

I got stuff too. Post what's needed and I'll send what I have on hand.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ch1naski

I'm getting all teary eyed. Thanks so much, but it's a time and money thing. All my time and money (life savings) is going into trying to open a business to take care of the family. Once I get situated, I'll get back on the circuits......

You guys really are the best. Which is why I miss you all. Thank you all so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
one louder.

billstein

Stomptown

I was just thinking about you the other day! I give you props for putting your family first during hard times. Good luck with the business and hope to see some new builds when things turn around.

Jon

raulduke

Good luck with the new business.

I hope you can come back here soon with some new builds to show us!

juansolo

You know, this takes on a whole different tone just by removing one little word...  ;)

Quote from: ch1naski on December 19, 2013, 02:46:15 PM
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

micromegas

Good luck man.  If you find the time but don't have the money I'm sure we can sort something out  together. I use to order twice the components I need.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io