News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BB Ahoy!

Started by selfdestroyer, January 23, 2014, 12:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Here is my nautical themed  modded Bluesbreaker. I have had the PCB for awhile and was between builds and decided to try it out. I ended up really liking it.

I am trying to pick some knobs for it and maybe you peeps have some suggestions?

Just after an etch bath and a good scrub later.

First coat of paint and a light wet sand to reveal the reversed etch. I tend to do 3 layers of paint and I do a light wet sand between coats.

Drilled and did 1 more coat of paint. Wet sanded and added 3 layers of matted clear coat to it.

For the guts: I am trying a few things on my 3PDT board to get the soldier on the switch pins to take the solider better with out burning out the switch. I like how this one came out compared to my last build. I made the pads a bit bigger for the switch so there was more surface for the solder to flow on.

Cortexturizer

You are becoming one of my favorite builders on the forum
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

stevie1556

Great etch and clean guts. It lools really good!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

artstomp

..hi Cody...awesome etch you got there!...super like it!...

Peteyboy

That pedal look gorgeous.

slimtriggers

pryde

Wow. Fantastic result with your etch/paint process. Huge fan here  :)

Leevibe

gtr2

Wow, that's nice!

The BB Pre is one of my fav overdrives.  I have one I built and I bought one used a while back.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pedalhealer

www.pedalhealer.com
instagram: pedalhealer_dot_com

wretched

Looks great, I would go with Black/Silver knobs Kinda like a Marshall or even this:

fendman

Sweet!! Love what you have achieved with that etch.
Great work Cody
Cheers
Mike

jimilee

Wow that's a beaut! Be a shame to put velcro on the bottom and step on it. Belongs on a shelf!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bret608

This looks awesome. Davies 1400-style for the knobs, perhaps?

midwayfair