News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Grease Gun

Started by alanp, January 24, 2014, 03:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Pretty nice low gain overdrive, very soft and bluesy. Or at least that's how it sounds with the tele. I'm sure it'll sharpen up and rise in gain with the LP :)

Either way, it's pretty nice sounding! This idea just came to me for the graphics, and I just HAD to do it...

The board didn't fit, by millimeters. I wound up bending jack tabs, moving wires, and finally shoving to get the board to fit. (That's why the wires are soldered in like they are -- once it was in, I didn't want to unwedge it.) Live and learn.

The LED/Power area worked out nicely, though, very compact.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GammaFlex

That's pretty cool, what did you use for the lettering?

alanp

Indian Ink. I usually use either that, a Dymo labeller (oldschool one), or a CD marker pen. You have to ask for it at the shops these days -- they keep it under the counter because idiots keep shoplifting it for cheap-ass home-drawn tattoos.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

culturejam

Looks great, Alan.

If you want to get a bit more umph out of it gain-wise, reduce the value of R7. I changed mine to 100K.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gordo

Mine sounds killer but have yet to use it on my live rig: (guitar-du-jour) and either Vox Night Train or Lab Series L5)).  I want it to NOT fail so have been holding back...  To be honest I have so many cool pedals in the "variable" spot that there's no pressure but I've said so many cool things about it that I'd hate to have to not be right.

My Phase 90 clone is a Jimilee red "diamond dust" build that's been passed around like a French Quarter W***e  and still gets rave reviews so I think my sense of taste is still intact.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on January 24, 2014, 08:43:26 PM
Mine sounds killer but have yet to use it on my live rig: (guitar-du-jour) and either Vox Night Train or Lab Series L5)).  I want it to NOT fail so have been holding back...  To be honest I have so many cool pedals in the "variable" spot that there's no pressure but I've said so many cool things about it that I'd hate to have to not be right.

My Phase 90 clone is a Jimilee red "diamond dust" build that's been passed around like a French Quarter W***e  and still gets rave reviews so I think my sense of taste is still intact.
still my favorite phaser I've built to date. Looks good and sounds equally as good.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

selfdestroyer

Great job Alan. I love mine. Its now a staple on my board.

Gledison

Hey Alan, Nice Build mate. planning to record any sound sample of it? would be interested in checking out!
Cheers!
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?