News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First Veroboard and 1590a

Started by wretched, January 25, 2014, 02:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wretched

Yay! I got a delivery today and built my first Veroboard build. I am still waiting on the stomp switch and haven't boxed it up, but I am so happy that it works  ;D
It is a Rangemaster NPN treble booster.

alanp

Congrats! So, Infinitphase tomorrow? ;)

What transistor is it?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

stevie1556

Congrats on the working vero! How do you fond it? I've been meaning to build one for ages!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

muddyfox

Hey man, that's great!
I built several dozen vero circuits and really had no need for pcbs for the longest time. Only when chinese fab became so cheap did I switch over to pcb...

Keep it going, those can be really challenging when the pot count increases but they are loads of fun!

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wretched

Thanks guys, I like the sound but would like a bit more bass in it. But then I guess it wouldn't be a treble booster.

The transistor is a AC194

I was happy building on the PCBs but this feels more like DIY. Now I see why people here were interested in something to hold their work steady. I got some blue poster tack and it cut my cussing down about 75%. I was soo happy to hear that guitar when I plugged in.

I am planning on building this one next
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-C1oPXPC5cQM/Utqd7Vs2-bI/AAAAAAAAF8o/UFrFe-oqA_I/s1600/Lotus+Pedals+Snowjob.png

I am working my way up to build another Paisley type drive, a Blues Driver, and this cream tone.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gkqXaaryuSE/UdBgBlZQUEI/AAAAAAAAFsI/O7LiVIW8V-Y/s944/G2D+Cream+Tone.png

muddyfox

The creamtone was on my short 2build list but sadly it fell victim to ITead...  ::)

wretched

YES!! this is now full of firsts. First time I did a 3pdt for the first time. THEN my first 1590a. all that on my first Vero build