News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wolfshirt and Grapevine....

Started by B_of_H, March 12, 2011, 09:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B_of_H

I had the grapevine laying around unboxed and I had an extra yellow blem 125 so I through it in there.  The wolfshirt is in a mammoth 1590 box.  (waiting on delivery of transistors still for it so I threw in some bc109s for now, not nearly enough dirt though)  I'm not really into spending too much time making things look pretty but this is about as far as I go with DIY projects.  I might add a trim to ground on the octave switch when the octave is off to make the volume output the same when used as a fuzz only. 

bigmufffuzzwizz

Nice!! love the sparkly paint job!
Whats the little board you have solder to the 3PDT??
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

B_of_H

redbean

Quote from: B_of_H on March 12, 2011, 11:57:18 AM
yeah, it's from small bear. 

The smallbear link above returned nothing.

I am also curious about it: what is it, and what is its function?
es là-bas!!

gtr2

It's just to make wiring up the switch easier.  But I find I don't really save much time with it.  It does make the wiring a little neater though..

Nice builds B of H!
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Haberdasher

Quote from: redbean on March 12, 2011, 12:26:38 PM
Quote from: B_of_H on March 12, 2011, 11:57:18 AM
yeah, it's from small bear. 

The smallbear link above returned nothing.

I am also curious about it: what is it, and what is its function?

heretrythis
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

B_of_H

just got the 3565's and...sound is great but max volume is just a tad less than unity (wolfshirt).   >:(

it seems like the volume is low coming off the tone pot, both lugs 1 and 3 are pretty loud but there is a drop in volume on lug 2.  I found this thread:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?board=3.0

I tested every resistor on this one and used all the right caps etc...all the polarized caps are correct etc...

redbean

Quote from: gtr2 on March 12, 2011, 12:40:09 PM
It's just to make wiring up the switch easier.  But I find I don't really save much time with it.  It does make the wiring a little neater though..

Ah, it all makes sense now. Thanks. Before I thought it might be some sort of special or different brand of stomp switch. I can see the utility of this device, though it adds to the cost.
es là-bas!!

redbean

heretrythis

'PC Wiring Board For 3PDT Switch'

Thanks, Dude!
es là-bas!!

B_of_H

the reason i'm using those pc boards from small bear is that I bought some 3pdt's that have tiny little lugs that are barely big enough for a 24 gauge wire...so small I haven't even tried. 

Myramyd

What do you think of the Grapevine so far? I'm thinking of building one of these next.

J

B_of_H

Quote from: Myramyd on March 12, 2011, 07:25:35 PM
What do you think of the Grapevine so far? I'm thinking of building one of these next.

J

I like it but I prefer the OCD which is a little more articulate at higher gain IMO. 

i've actually built two, one was on veroboard though. 

jtn191

Mammoth also now carries those pc wiring boards--I threw a few into my recent order.