News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

About installing a Bigsby….

Started by Kinki fuzz, January 30, 2014, 01:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

Be sure to post a pic if you take the plunge.  A wilshire is definitely a worthy candidate for a bigsby!  I love the B5/flat top look.  And I'm thinking the pickup selector location is perfectly placed for this.  I wish my guitar had that setup.  It's a trick to switch p'ups on mine.

Kinki fuzz

Ok, found B5s around 90/100€ in ebay , and 110/120 including vibramate... great!

DutchMF

OT: this thread has given me serious GAS for a Tele with some nice chrome covered humbuckers and a Bigsby.....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

billstein

Quote from: Leevibe on January 30, 2014, 09:22:29 AM
Has the eye candy factor been mentioned yet?

No kidding! That is a thing of beauty. NEEEED!

Kinki fuzz

Quote from: Leevibe on January 31, 2014, 08:45:38 AM
Be sure to post a pic if you take the plunge.  A wilshire is definitely a worthy candidate for a bigsby!  I love the B5/flat top look.  And I'm thinking the pickup selector location is perfectly placed for this.  I wish my guitar had that setup.  It's a trick to switch p'ups on mine.
I will for sure post a pic! It will look killer!

Kinki fuzz

Quote from: Leevibe on January 30, 2014, 09:22:29 AM
Has the eye candy factor been mentioned yet?

Plus, this thing was engineered in an era when everything ran on tubes and Spitfires & P51's were current technology.
Yes, I want it cos it looks great!!

Leevibe

Loading the strings can be a pain.  Someone gave me the tip of putting a kink in the string near the ball end.  It's good advice.  Just give it a bend about 1/2" from the ball.  That will give you the angle to slide it onto the post.  It will make sense when you try it.  Can't wait to see it!