News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anyone else having slow order processing from Mammoth?

Started by AntKnee, February 03, 2014, 01:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

The last several orders I made with Mammoth are very slow to process, like 4 to 5 days before they even ship. Anyone else seeing this from them?
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

murdog47

GermanCdn

Same here.  Took less time for UPS to deliver it then it to ship out the door.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jimilee

From what I understand, it's just a 2 man operation. There's another disgruntled mammoth order thread over on byoc.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

AntKnee

Quote from: jimilee on February 03, 2014, 02:13:31 PM
From what I understand, it's just a 2 man operation. There's another disgruntled mammoth order thread over on byoc.
I remember seeing one over there, but that was freakin hostile. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having slow processing. I'm not mad about it, but I probably will order elsewhere unless they have something I can only get there. I like their painted enclosures.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pryde

Its the norm with these guys. Calm now but you will get upset when your order shows up with wrong or missing parts  8)

To answer your question I had numerous problems with Mammoth and gave them plenty of chances but officially signed them off some time ago.

On the flip side, Smallbear used to be slow but my last several orders got out quick. Been impressed and using them and Mouser pretty much exclusively. Good luck.

GermanCdn

They had a run on small run enclosures a couple of weeks ago for ridiculous prices like $6.40 for a finished 125B, and I'm pretty sure that backed them up (I didn't help the situation by ordering 20, and to their credit, only one of the colours looked like complete crap).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

timbo_93631

I have really dialed back what I get from them, too.  Now I buy those things in quantity so the chances for them to mess up my order are much less as it will only be for 2 or 3 different items.  It is sad because I used them for all my parts for a time because of the ease of ordering.  The things I still get from them are the $4/200 count bags of resistors, and the 3mm and 5mm rounded edge chrome LED bezels.  Now that BLMS has affordable 1790's I am going to get mine from there, the last four 4S6500's I got from Mammoth were kind of thin and the alloy didn't seem as strong, nor were they cast with 4Site on the lid like the other sizes of enclosures I have bought from them. 

I have also really switched over to Smallbear, their DC jacks are so much better quality (outside nut type), and their knob prices are more affordable now too.  For enclosures I use BLMS or Tayda, and use Tayda for box caps and electrolytics now, just really measuring everything as it goes into the PCB.  I have also swapped over to using PPP for their Alpha 3PDT's and order 15 at a time (smallbear has them too, but for $2 more a pop) or the Alpha DPDT's with opto-tron boards from Josh, 1776effects.com

If Mammoth could do things fast, and headache free like the others while keeping their prices fair and quality good, I'd go back to ordering more from them.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

zilla

my last 2 orders from mammoth have been horrible.

one order i placed in the early fall was processed quite quickly, but the packing job was horrible.  there was essentially no packing material around the painted enclosures and when i received the package the enclosures were all damaged and useless.  to their credit, they did go and ship me a new enclosure at no charge and threw in some extra pots that i had ordered at no charge.

2nd order was placed at the end of november (black friday sale).  they didn't process the order until dec 15. i didn't get my parts until after Christmas.

AntKnee

Its too bad the processing takes so long. I really like their website. It makes ordering lots of different resistors and capacitors especially easy.

Jabulani Jonny

+1
Their website makes it easy, but the extra time and propensity for screw ups is why I just ordered parts for 7 pedals from BLMS, Mouser, Smallbear and enclosures from PPP. Pain in the ass?  Yes, but I know I'm getting better quality and service on each item. Not only that but the savings on switches and what not from BLMS pretty much made up the shipping difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan

selfdestroyer

I too have the same experience as most here. When I first started building i got everything from Mammoth since the searching function worked well and the naming convention for parts were spot on to most BOM (When I was first starting out this helped a lot). As it seems lately, my orders got worse and worse and it didn't matter if it was a $10 order or $200 order, each had their problems. I switched over to Tayda for most passives and Mouser for passives that Tayda did not have and BLMS for all switches and enclosures. I really do not mind ordering from different places since getting boxes in the mail all week is fun. I use Small Bear for a few things now and again but its not my first place mainly due to poor database searching. I simply hate Small Bear's site search. I only get correct items 20% of the time and find myself drilling down in menus for 2 items. PIA in my opinion.

Cody

jimijam

I stopped buying from mammoth because the last 3 times I'd wait up to 3 weeksand no delivery. I'd contact them and find out that they where holding the order because they were out of a certain part and were waiting to ship the order till they had everything. but they never alerted me that the order was being delayed. I canceled the order each time and shopped else where. now I will only deal with them when it is something unavailable anywhere else. they where spot on when they first hit the seen but their service tanked.
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

Clayford

I had one bad and only one experience with them. After 2 weeks of no updates I emailed. A week later the replied, "Big Sale. More orders than anticipated. Hope you understand." No apology, no ETA. I canceled. 
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded