News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Confessions thread

Started by madbean, February 10, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

Quote from: gtr2 on February 11, 2014, 02:30:34 PM
I wish I had cable so I could watch curling...

I stream it online. CBCsports.ca

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

Quote from: jkokura on February 12, 2014, 11:16:59 AM

Jacob

It blocks my IP since I'm from the US.  I'd have to use a VP network to stream from CBC or BBC.  IN the US Comcast/NBC won't let me stream because I'm only an internet subscriber...  You have to have a cable account.  Seems pretty ridiculous considering I'm paying them $60 a month.

I've been following the Canadian Ladies Team.  The US teams are not doing well.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

Quote from: gtr2 on February 12, 2014, 11:26:11 AM

Jacob

It blocks my IP since I'm from the US.  I'd have to use a VP network to stream from CBC or BBC.  IN the US Comcast/NBC won't let me stream because I'm only an internet subscriber...  You have to have a cable account.  Seems pretty ridiculous considering I'm paying them $60 a month.

Josh

I saw the Russian Men blow a big shot in the 5th End this morning. Left Canada with a clear short for 4 points and a 6-2 lead going into the 6th. Haven't heard yet if they won, but I expect they did.

Funny thing, I never knew anything about Curling until I moved to Western Canada for University. I think I was 21 or something, and I really got into it before the 2010 olympics when I had a friend who used to Curl. We'd watch it together, and he explained it all to me.

Growing up in Toronto, the Jays/Leafs/Raptors dominate all the sports, so you never hear/see any of the cool sports like Curling.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: jkokura on February 12, 2014, 11:35:34 AM
...so you never hear/see any of the cool sports like Curling.

Sorry Jacob but....

This is signature worthy!  ::)  ;)

davent

Jacob

Josh

Erika Brown, the skip of the US women's team works as a physicians assistant here in Hamilton and lives in Oakville Ontario (Canada).

http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/4361149-milton-for-erika-brown-olympic-experience-never-gets-old/
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

haveyouseenhim

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

GermanCdn

Josh

Get a Surfeasy stick/account, I think it's a one time sunk cost of $69 and you can use VPN servers around the world, you just pick the country and go.  You don't have to get country specific ones, or have multiple accounts, and I'm pretty sure you can use it on your iPad if you want.

Alternatively, you should be able to pick up stuff on tsn.ca (the Canadian equivalent of ESPN) without having to have a VPN account.  When I lived in Germany (and it looks like I might be heading back there really soon), I could stream football games without having to use either my Canadian or US VPN account.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

atreidesheir

Thanks GermanCdn, you taught me something.  I googled surfeasy and it looks promising.  I am cutting my tv subscriptions and only watching from my broadband connection.  surfeasy may help.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

billstein

First time I think I've ever seen a thread morph into a curling thread. Good stuff.  ;D

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: billstein on February 12, 2014, 02:25:42 PM
First time I think I've ever seen a thread morph into a curling thread. Good stuff.  ;D

Funny. I'm quite happy to watch curling. Right now I'm watching some beautiful Canadian women whoop on some hobbits. ;D
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

rullywowr

- I am watching women's curling right now

- I shook Wolf Blitzer's hand today at CNN in Washington DC

- I love to play crokinole

- I was supposed to go home tomorrow but probably won't until  Saturday due to the weather

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

billstein

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on February 12, 2014, 04:41:58 PM

Funny. I'm quite happy to watch curling. Right now I'm watching some beautiful Canadian women whoop on some hobbits. ;D

Didn't understand any of that but beautiful Canadian women. Oh... so that's why curling is so fun to watch. :)

My confession on what women are hot.

1. Of course red heads. Smoking hot. Obviously we all agree. But let me up the ante with a couple more.
2. Girls with tattoos. I don't know why they just are. Don't judge me.
3. Carrie Heffernan in the early King of Queen shows. Lucky Doug.

jimilee

Quote from: billstein on February 12, 2014, 05:13:51 PM
Quote from: haveyouseenhim on February 12, 2014, 04:41:58 PM

Didn't understand any of that but beautiful Canadian women. Oh... so that's why curling is so fun to watch. :)

My confession on what women are hot.

1. Of course red heads. Smoking hot. Obviously we all agree. But let me up the ante with a couple more.
2. Girls with tattoos. I don't know why they just are. Don't judge me.
3. Carrie Heffernan in the early King of Queen shows. Lucky Doug.
I dig chicks with meat on their bones, but not fatties!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

icecycle66

I like my $600 off the shelf ESP Ltd F205 better than my $6500 pure custom that was modeled after the ESP.

My ESP is the "grab in case of fire" bass.