News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"Happiness Gun" Mudbunny gone Musket

Started by timbo_93631, February 14, 2014, 10:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

"Happiness Gun" for tyoac on OSG:

A Blackout Effectors "Musket" clone built on a Mudbunny board and a rullywowr fo-SHO from oshPark.  The fo-SHO is great because it is only one trace cut and a jumper away from being configured as a LPB-1. 

I haven't fired up a dirt pedal and just sat and played with it in a long while, maybe about 20 minutes plus recording a hack demo for most of them and I know if it sounds right and then I move on.  This little guy had me playing around for an hour and a half tonight.  So many levels of dirt, so much control over the EQ, just really inspiring to try different settings and then play around with picking dynamics and guitar volume.  Really a neat pedal and a great expanded take on the Muff.  I made some changes to the Musket schematic floating around on the web; the 470k on the ground leg of the pre control should probably be 470R, I went with 1k and find it to be perfect, for the tone control I used 250kB and that is also pretty good. 
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

selfdestroyer

Great job Tim, that is on my list of builds also. I love the etch and graphics. The only thing I can't see on this build is the Timbo Mojo CLR.. haha

Cody

mattlee0037

Nice! Did you just use a musket schematic to come up with this? Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

timbo_93631

Quote from: selfdestroyer on February 15, 2014, 03:18:09 PM
...only thing I can't see on this build is the Timbo Mojo CLR.. haha

Yunno, I almost threw it on the optotron just because I know you look for it.

Quote from: mattlee0037 on February 15, 2014, 06:44:52 PM
Nice! Did you just use a musket schematic to come up with this? Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I used this schematic:

I changed R27 to 1k, but anything between 470R and 10K should work well there.  For the 250k pots the taper was not specified, I used a 250kA on focus and 250kB on tone, but linear would probably be better on focus as well.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups