News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

(SVF preamps) Mixing two active signals to an output jack

Started by garfo, February 16, 2014, 10:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garfo

So, I have an idea for an onboard preamp to use on my bass.The idea is to build two variable lowpass filters, each one connected to one pickup.I was wandering How would i mix the two signals, passively, or with an active buffered blend circuit?

selfdestroyer

garfo

Well, not exactly.see, there, both pickups go sraight to the blender and only then to a single preamp.My mind design will have two separate circuits(filters), one of which directly connected to each pickup.the blend of the active signals would come after both pickups have their signals individualy processed.

garfo

This is the low-pass filter project that I will be trying
http://www.musiker-board.de/attachments/f3-musik-instrumente-know-how//f75-e-gitarren-forum//f39-modifikation-technik-gitarrenbau-e-git//241993d1350756654-lemme-state-variable-filter-sounds-aufnahme-kleiner-test-state-variable-filter_diy-layout-neu.gif

If it works I want to have one for the neck pickup and the other to the bridge pickup.
What is the best way of blending them???Just wire both in parallel with single volume pots and then into a single master pot with no buffer in between, or should they see another buffered signal before they go to a master pot!?