News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

another problem (bazz fuss v3)

Started by aran.e666, February 26, 2014, 09:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aran.e666

Ok so I decided to make a bazz fuss on vero and test it. It did not work. The parts I used were: 2n3904 transistor,  a 0.1uf film cap, a 4.7uf electrolytic cap, a 10k res and a 1n904 diode. I have checked the parts, the solder, the wire, jacks etc. I dont know what the voltages are as I dont know what the critical voltage is for the transistors etc. Any help would be awsomee
Guitar is love, guitar is life.

midwayfair

We need the layout you used. Pics of the other side of the board will also be helpful.

Measure voltages at the power input, the collector of Q1, and the base of Q1. Check continuity between all parts against the schematic.

"Didn't work" is also not very specific. Do you get no sound, quiet sound, bad sound, etc.?

aran.e666

Ok so I cant post the schematic as its the wrong file type and the output makes a loud cracking fuzzy buzzing noise

midwayfair

Quote from: aran.e666 on February 26, 2014, 11:18:47 AM
Ok so I cant post the schematic as its the wrong file type and the output makes a loud cracking fuzzy buzzing noise

Just post a link to the schematic.

Does your guitar signal make it through, or you just hear the crackling noise all the time?

aran.e666

Ok so its just a crackling noise . No signal makes it through

aran.e666

aran.e666

Also if the vero looks different to the schematic its because I added extra rows to make the board bigger and more visible

jimilee

So have you compared the two yourself? Secondly, when you say you made the vero bigger, did you change the layout to accommodate the extra row? What's the other side look like? Your resistor placement goes over 2 rows and the layout only goes over 1. Did you make the cuts?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

aran.e666

Ok so I made the 2 cuts, all the parts are spaced out by 1 extra row. I have also made another board but I followed the schematics but it dosent work so I think the caps are wrong as the film cap is 100v. Is that a problem?

Thanks

jimilee

Cap Voltage is not a problem, in your photo, noting is wired up, you won't get sound that way either, the volume pot has to be wired to the output jack in order for it to work.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

aran.e666

Well I tested it with my rig that I made and ive made a few pedals before and this simple bazz fuss just wont work il send a pic of the soldering and also the pot is on the output. When I switch between fuzz and clean, clean works but the fuzz doesn't work

aran.e666

aran.e666

Also i forgot to mention that it must be  the circuit itself as everything else works so if you have any ideas on whats wrong that I cant see let me know :)

Thanks

jimilee

Maybe it's an illusion, but it looks like you got some major solder bridges on the underside. Also,is the layout verified?

the3secondrule

Quote from: midwayfair on February 26, 2014, 10:59:55 AM

Measure voltages at the power input, the collector of Q1, and the base of Q1. Check continuity between all parts against the schematic.

^^^^ this
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"