News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Eagle Sunking

Started by petesz, March 21, 2011, 11:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petesz

Was super skeptical about this build, definitely thought it wouldnt live up to a ~$600 price tag.. wired it up today and wow.. amazingly dynamic circuit, the drive is very clear and great harmonics. The controls are all very useable and interactive too.
I did madbeans elevntybajillion diodes mod and used: red LED's, 1n34a's, BAT41's and some MA856's left over from my aristocrat build.
The decal is actually one of the ones you put on your walls, i just cut it down to size and i think it looks pretty neat. The enclosure was just a smallbear BB seconds.
In the guts shot you can see the huge tone capacitor, i read a thread where madbean suggested using a 6n8 for the tone cap so i ordered one off ebay.. didnt realise it was so huge!
Anyway great circuit, im thinking this one might have taken the lead over my Aristocrat and Yellow Shark..
And ive finally run out of madbean boards, time to do another order!  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

night-B

Awesome graphics man!  :o

madbean

Bwahahha. That tone cap is AWESOME! That is very boutique.

I love the eagle and the color on the box. 10/10 for you!

gtr2

I like the graphic.  Now you have mojo with that cap!

josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pauloman80

Brilliant build!  Oh, and BTW...

I LOVE the Yip-Yips!!!

yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip uh-huh uh-huh
--------------------------------------------------
Regards,
pauloman80

B_of_H

which diode configuration do you prefer so far?

crashguitar

Nice build! I have my board and am looking forward to trying this circuit out.

I second B_of_H's request: which diodes do you like?

Chad

bigmufffuzzwizz

That looks soo great! I really like the color you chose. Hopefully the parts for mine arrive sometime soon ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

petesz

Quote from: pauloman80 on March 22, 2011, 08:32:09 AM
Brilliant build!  Oh, and BTW...

I LOVE the Yip-Yips!!!

yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip uh-huh uh-huh

Haha YES!

The 1n34a's sound the most dull to my ears (but not bad if you compensate with the tone control), the LED's are nice and open but a bit um boring/sterile (?), and the bat41's and other thingys sound equally good/warm/not too compressed but just nice. Even with diodes lifted the circuit sounds great with plenty of drive.

stecykmi

I love the graphics, really badass.

great build, i'm impressed.