News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Britannia

Started by selfdestroyer, March 12, 2014, 03:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

I went with a traditional Vox look. I am very pleased with this build and It sounds great. I think I may spend some time with the J201's and see if I can either bias it a little better or see if I may have fake 201's. They can get a bit fizzy at certain settings. I love how you can kill a lot of the bass and bring up the brilliance and it can nail the sounds of Johnny Marr's Smiths licks.

just noticed how much the lighting sucked.. sorry.

Cody

alanp

Love you man, you get the shitty-old-photo look that hipsters with stretched earlobes deliberately apply to good photos, and you're not happy with that :) (I like good photos myself, not keen on the hipstermatic app thing.)

I think this is the first Britannia report we've had. I'm tempted to build one to compare to my English Channel -- that thing was unusable for my purposes, with the stupid amount of gain in it.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

billstein

Wow. Love that retro Vox look.

Mich P

Thomas_H

This is really looking great - inside and outside!
DIY-PCBs and projects:

micromegas

That was fast!

Love the look of it.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pryde

Just fantastic!

Do you lay the enclosure face-down on a piece of glass/solid flat surface when sanding the paint off the raised areas?

However you do it great job on not sanding any paint from the relief areas. Very pro looking

peAk

slimtriggers

Cortexturizer

INSANE
I love it. You do such a great work, I'd buy any of your stuff in a heartbeat
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

midwayfair

That enclosure is amazing.

AlanP: This thing has a much wider range of gain than the EC. It's a huge improvement.

raulduke

Looks awesome.

This new circuit intrigues me. Another overdrive to add to the 'must try' list!

rullywowr

Cody, you really nailed this one.  The etch is absolutely gorgeous, and the insides look so clean.  Top notch work!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I was between builds and noticed I had everything to get this one done so I jumped on it.

Quote from: pryde on March 12, 2014, 12:51:43 PM
Do you lay the enclosure face-down on a piece of glass/solid flat surface when sanding the paint off the raised areas?
However you do it great job on not sanding any paint from the relief areas. Very pro looking

I use 1000 grit on a rubber sanding block that I just use softly to get 80% of the paint off the raised areas. I then take a scrap of 1000 grit and do the rest by hand. Sandpaper folded and use of a finger. I found that it is important to sand in the same direction on aluminum or else the light reflects off it weird.

If your not careful (Like I have done many times) you can get your self in trouble with sanding and repainting and sanding again and taking the raised area right off. Also learned that even if I use the oven to cure the paint it still needs to cure over night or else you will get the sandpaper fragments/dust stuck in the paint. Makes black marks on the paint.

Also learned that the matte clear coat I use will fill any fine sanding marks caused by the 1000 grit. So if your paint looks a bit dull after the sanding it will come back to life with some clear coat. I always use matte clear since I'm not a huge fan of super shinny pedals.

Thanks again guys for the encouragement.

Cody