News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Jetalizer

Started by juansolo, April 02, 2014, 03:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

A commision for 4000mile Phil (as opposed to 400yd Phil...), this is the Warm Jetalizer, a multi that's essentially a board in a box.

Everything about it was awkward due to the size of the 1550G enclosure. Not to mention there are things I know now that I didn't before. For example, the jacks should have gone on the back so I could get the stomps further apart. As it is, they're a little tight. But you don't really figure this stuff out until you actually do it.

Still it's all in there solidly and it sounds good! In there is the Bean Zero Point DD and Stagefright, a Rusty Sheriff, a Apis based true bypass Klone, and a Grind Rotten Compressor.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Jabulani Jonny

This is a great set!  It's a lot like a build I'm planning right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan

raulduke

That. Is. F*cking. Awesome.

Clean as a whistle dude  8)

billstein

Wow! Your attention to detail is amazing, for example those red wires at the bottom all on the same angle.

juansolo

Quote from: billstein on April 02, 2014, 04:34:42 PM
Wow! Your attention to detail is amazing, for example those red wires at the bottom all on the same angle.

lil bit of OCD...

ch1naski

Beautiful, Juan. Love the staggered pcb layout

Curt.

one louder.

peAk

Incredible!

So do you actually do all your wire measuring prior to it going in the box or do you actually trim and fix wire lengths as needed once boxing? Please tell your secrets.....

I just can't achieve this neatness  :'(

Jabulani Jonny

Oh, and what do you use for the solid core bare wire on your pots? 
Jonathan

juansolo

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on April 02, 2014, 06:01:38 PM
Oh, and what do you use for the solid core bare wire on your pots?

It's 0.6mm Eagle Equipment wire (bare copper). All the boards are essentially mounted by the pots/switches using it. Sometimes there'll be foam pads on the back of the pots for additional support. They're not going anywhere.

You can't get the wire any more annoyingly. I think we've got about 500m left, then we need to find an alternative.

Quote from: peAk on April 02, 2014, 05:57:21 PM
Incredible!

So do you actually do all your wire measuring prior to it going in the box or do you actually trim and fix wire lengths as needed once boxing? Please tell your secrets.....

I just can't achieve this neatness  :'(

Wire will be soldered to the board over long and I have an idea where I'm going to route it. Board goes in and the the other end of the wires are trimmed to length and attached.

jubal81

Mind blown. Board in a box, indeed. No way it should be that clean inside.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

GrindCustoms

The bar have now been set really high, i do like this! 8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

nzCdog

Always a pleasure to see your builds JS 8)

Leevibe

Beautiful! Tons of skill to make such a complex build look so clean and "simple."

davent

That baby's on fire! Always so much to be gleaned from your work. Great build, you are a very patient man!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

lincolnic

This one raises the bar, even for you!

Though I have to say, if you're going to design a pedal around Here Come the Warm Jets, I'd expect to see a WEM Project V in there...