News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boneyard! Insane gain ( anyone have a 5 knob 1590bb template?)

Started by sprayfe, March 31, 2011, 09:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprayfe

What a build! Going To put together another for myself- nice natural gain! Thick and meaty and all the other tgp adjectives. Thanks Brian- now bring on the screwdriver!!

k.rock!

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jimmybjj

is that ribbon wire. if you where did you get it? BTW nice looking.
Pcbs no longer available

thetrend77

Excellent! I can't wait to start building this one (I'm still waiting on my board from Brian)!!! I'd be interested in a 5 knob 1590bb template as well, if anyone has one  ;)

k.rock!

I didn't notice you had your LEDs in sockets...so did you make any experimentation with other clipping diodes? I personally like red LEDs a lot and BAT41s as well but I'm curious to hear about your findings with other diodes (in case you played around with that ;))

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

sgmezei

Alright, i noticed you had red LED on the board and some green sitting there. On the honey bee build docs it says to use green LED's

So my noob question is, Is there a difference in LED sounds? I know its a silly question but i remembered that HoneyBee document said green and I saw this picture with some sitting there.

gtr2

You owe me...  ;)

Josh

EDIT: Attachment below.

EDIT: New 3 footswitch version to accommodate the boneyard.  I haven't used it for this build.  Use at your own risk :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

CRBMoA

Quote from: sgmezei on March 31, 2011, 11:29:09 AM

So my noob question is, Is there a difference in LED sounds?

Yes. I will let one of the braniacs explain it properly, but, to me, the ears are the guide. Socket the clippers, swap until YOU like what YOU hear, and you're good to go.

In general. I haven't even built this. BUT, I have swapped a lot of clippers (and trannies, for that matter) in my day.

sprayfe

Chris is the reason I socket just about anything. Wise words, friend.
Especially concerning trannies- you never know when you'll need to swap one :)
Too far?

sgmezei

Bahahaha Tranny swapping.

Thanks for the info about LED's. I shall socket and swap away.

Myramyd

Cool. Looks like you got first post on this one.

Yeah, I'm pumped too--have a board on order from 'Bean.

Also in the hunt for a template!

J

irmcdermott

Quote from: jimmybjj on March 31, 2011, 10:48:22 AM
is that ribbon wire. if you where did you get it? BTW nice looking.

Note sure if this is the same, but it looks similar to this:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062656

I have a spool, but i prefer stranded over solid on pots. Just rip the white wire off.

Ian

madbean

I'll throw a template out, too, as soon as time allows.

gtr2

I posted one in a couple posts up...
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

irmcdermott

sorry man. since it's a pdf and didn't give a preview image, I didn't see it there. yours is much better than steve's (in my opinion). i'll delete my post.