News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My NAD!!!!

Started by jimilee, April 04, 2014, 08:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

4x12 Marshall cab for 130  :o that's gotta be a good score  right there, nice amp too mate.

jimilee

I was thrilled to say the least.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Clayford

head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

Leevibe

What speakers ya got in there?

Clayford

My guess is that's an MG or a M412, Rocket 50's? Doesn't Matter what's in there though, for 130 he STOLE it. Heck you can't put new speakers in it for $130

Leevibe

Quote from: Clayford on April 05, 2014, 04:12:45 AM
My guess is that's an MG or a M412, Rocket 50's? Doesn't Matter what's in there though, for 130 he STOLE it. Heck you can't put new speakers in it for $130

Definitely

jimilee

Quote from: Leevibe on April 05, 2014, 02:26:15 AM
What speakers ya got in there?
Don't know, it's stock. It's the cab they came out with for their solid state head. The speakers are branded celestion, but a squier is branded fender too. I only play in my music room, and 130 was a steal for sure.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Clayford

Well I'm quite fond of my squire actually. :P

And I'm 99% positive you just confirmed "Rocket 50" as your speaker type. They aren't bad speakers. I have them loaded in a homemade 4x12 straight to go with my Randall cabinet.

For the record:
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-CEL-RKT5008-LIST

You can't even get the speakers for $130

Run like you stole it Jimi!

edit
or is that play it like you stole it....
8)

jimilee

Quote from: Clayford on April 05, 2014, 03:05:20 PM
Well I'm quite fond of my squire actually. :P

And I'm 99% positive you just confirmed "Rocket 50" as your speaker type. They aren't bad speakers. I have them loaded in a homemade 4x12 straight to go with my Randall cabinet.

For the record:
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-CEL-RKT5008-LIST

You can't even get the speakers for $130

Run like you stole it Jimi!

edit
or is that play it like you stole it....
8)
Not that there's anything wrong with a squier, but you can hear the differences (on some), at least I could on bass.
Before I bought it, I looked around online while standing in GC to make sure I was being cheated. Cheapest I found was around 250. I played an awesome orange amp the through it in store. Pow! It was so warm with an American strat.

Clayford

Best way to do it - or bring in your Head and Guitar! (GUILTY!)

I dunno about bases, but yeah I can Imagine a stock squire bass would be bad. Especially some of the cheapies (affinity/bullet)

jimilee

Quote from: Clayford on April 05, 2014, 05:15:44 PM
Best way to do it - or bring in your Head and Guitar! (GUILTY!)

I dunno about bases, but yeah I can Imagine a stock squire bass would be bad. Especially some of the cheapies (affinity/bullet)
Bought a Pete Wentz signature model, I had to replace the body and the pickups and install a tone knob before I could get anything decent out of it, BUT I bought a Squier 25th Anniversary pbass that I replaced the pickups and it came with a baddass bridge on it, sounds amazing.

Clayford

Wild ain't it? Mine was just like your anniversary, needed some pickup love, and then it became one of the best ever. Prefer it to my custom. I may be biased though, because my wife picked it up on our honeymoon from a pawnshop. She knew my first electric was a black strat, and it was a black strat ....