News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zombie Fuzz

Started by jtn191, April 03, 2011, 12:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtn191

Here's my second build ever--the first being the SHO in my profile pic...It's also my first self-drilled enclosure and conscious attempt to make the wiring look pretty. I'm thinking about decorating it with lettering similar to The Zombies' Odessey and Oracle cover. Finished on spare time on my late shift, I think I performed a few miracles with the wiring (to me at least!)

cheers!
Jeff

sprayfe

crazy clean build!  Very nice! Where'd you get your trannys?

dwstanford

This is a great looking build for your second pedal.  I started with a SHO also.  Its great for a first pedal.  I wish I would have thought of doing a Zombies theme with mine.  I guess it's not too late.  I may steal your idea.  You do an odessey and oracle one and I'll do begin here;D

jtn191

Quote from: sprayfe on April 03, 2011, 12:57:10 PM
Where'd you get your trannys?

I sprung for a mid-priced Fuzz face pair from Small Bear  ;) the cheaper one's would probably be fine

Quote from: dwstanford on April 03, 2011, 01:20:13 PMI wish I would have thought of doing a Zombies theme with mine.  I guess it's not too late.  I may steal your idea.  You do an odessey and oracle one and I'll do begin here.  ;D

yeah man, I was gonna go with the name recognition of Fuzz Factory, but hell zombies are cool and there's nothing better than The Zombies  :D

k.rock!

This looks really clean dude! Awesome! ;)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

sgmezei

Looks wicked dude. Where did you get your small pcb mount pots?

I made a fuzz face and dubbed it "BEARD"

I then made the fuzz factory and called it "BEARD FACTORY"

themes are great.

jkokura

Nice and clean Jeff! You should consider entering your pedal for option number one here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=1495.0

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jtn191

small bear strikes again--that's the source of those 9 mm pots. Helps a lot with doing small stuff!

gtr2

Very nice!  Clean and mean!  I love seeing clean solder jobs, especially on the jacks and switches.  They seem to always be the ones that get blobbed up.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jtn191

The main struggle was that dc jack...It was only after some head scratching and sheer luck that I saw it would work--soldering the jack's ground directly to the boards'!

lessons learned:
-remember to plan the layout for the dc jack too (nut included)!
-use a dry erase marker (instead of permanent) to mark drill template (at least early on)

what size drill bit and metal washers do you guys use for the 3dpt hole??

jkokura

I use my step bit, and it's just a 32nd smaller than half inch for me. Great tips by the way!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

lincolnic

If you don't have a step bit, a regular 1/2" bit has always worked for 3PDTs for me.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Super clean! Can't wait to get my going too!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals