News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Big Muff circuit troubles

Started by zenless, April 25, 2014, 08:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenless

So my first build was a Green Russian build Big Muff (MudBunny). Learned from it and had a few good builds, then I just tried to build a Fire Red with Aion Halo board. Looked awesome but when i fired it up I only got a little volume .. After some reading I decided i needed to try to pull my transistors and socket them.. of course i had put them right in the board. Did i just have bad luck with my transistors or is this usually a pain of a build?

GermanCdn

Sounds to me like you used transistors with reverse pinouts (i.e. a BC550 pin out is the opposite of a 2N5088).  Check the build doc's spec'd transistor and compare it against the transistors you used.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jimilee

Quote from: zenless on April 25, 2014, 08:15:07 PM
So my first build was a Green Russian build Big Muff (MudBunny). Learned from it and had a few good builds, then I just tried to build a Fire Red with Aion Halo board. Looked awesome but when i fired it up I only got a little volume .. After some reading I decided i needed to try to pull my transistors and socket them.. of course i had put them right in the board. Did i just have bad luck with my transistors or is this usually a pain of a build?
An, it's an easy build.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Please post the information requested in the Tech Help Rules thread.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=902.0

Otherwise everyone is speculating.