News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Poll - 13700 or 3080

Started by Scruffie, April 26, 2014, 10:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you rather waste half a 13700 or use a 3080 (where it wont add noise).

LM13700
14 (35.9%)
CA3080
10 (25.6%)
Chocolate
2 (5.1%)
Bacon
10 (25.6%)
Kumquat
3 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: May 03, 2014, 10:17:27 PM

davent

That +shipping can be a real fly in the ointment, killer if that's the only part needed and it has to be an international transaction.

Texture- my wife loves bacon but it has to be cooked board stiff or she won't eat.

On parts and cd buying trips into Toronto my goto lunch stop has been a little nearby Vegan restaurant, love their soups, salads and sandwiches... delicious and inventive!

Have a chunk of tofu in the fridge and tempeh in the freezer, for years/decades, three nights a week i have a vegetable stirfried with rice for dinner but if there's leftover cooked pork, beef or chicken from another night you can be sure my stirfry gets an extra dose of protein.

Labels can be so troublesome!
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

RobA

Quote from: Scruffie on April 27, 2014, 11:48:49 PM
[...] that and every vegan i've met has been too preachy and I don't want to become that... I will still cook meat for others (and I can well regardless of eating it) and don't give a shit if others like it, but i'm not eating it. In fact I find i'm more often in the middle, both meat eaters and vegans pushing their side.

The friends I have that are vegans are much too nice and centered to get preachy about it, but I do know vegetarians that get that way and it's damned annoying. From the other side, I still had friends and family asking me when I was going to eat meat after I'd been vegetarian for 20 years. That one just makes me smile now.

Quote from: Scruffie on April 28, 2014, 12:37:15 AM
I do love reeses, chocolate and peanut butter is an amazing mix. As is caramel and/or chocolate and salt... bacon and chocolate topped doughnut filled with salted peanut butter and caramel... mmm

I haven't gotten into the chocolate and salt craze yet, but I have fallen victim to the chocolate and chili movement ;D.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

GrindCustoms

My day job is selling rep and delivery(trucker) for Nestlé Canada ice cream division.... so yeah.... i eat BUNCH of ice cream and chocolate, lets call that a «social advantage». lol

Hagen-Daaz have been releasing bunch of salted/chocolate/caramel/name it! products, i've tried them all, i'm not yet bonding with those flavors. Nothing can beat their «Mayan Chocolate» ice cream for me. ;D
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Scruffie

Quote from: davent on April 28, 2014, 12:50:49 AM
That +shipping can be a real fly in the ointment, killer if that's the only part needed and it has to be an international transaction.

Texture- my wife loves bacon but it has to be cooked board stiff or she won't eat.

On parts and cd buying trips into Toronto my goto lunch stop has been a little nearby Vegan restaurant, love their soups, salads and sandwiches... delicious and inventive!

Have a chunk of tofu in the fridge and tempeh in the freezer, for years/decades, three nights a week i have a vegetable stirfried with rice for dinner but if there's leftover cooked pork, beef or chicken from another night you can be sure my stirfry gets an extra dose of protein.

Labels can be so troublesome!
An enclosure one size up costs more to ship! (in some cases) and in the UK I have found 125Bs few and far between so they can be a pain.

Vegetarian meat substitutes (at least in the UK) actually have as much or in a lot of cases more protein than meat, I can understand in countries where it's not such an available alternative it being difficult. Tbh though I have found my cooking to become more exciting by not using them, it's very easy to stick meat in a dish to finish it, it's more interesting to get that taste without.

I hate as a veggie meat being wasted, you killed it, you damn well better eat every last bit of it, I always encourage people that complain meat is too expensive to buy cheap cuts that are generally wasted and give them recipe ideas, it's astonishing how much goes to waste from a cow or pig, hell, you can make a good stock/add flavour to a stew from the bones.

I am not a big tofu fan either, I find it bad at incorporating in to dishes and to taking flavours, I much prefer mushrooms, beans, lentils and aubergines in that roll, it can be nice, but it's too easily used as the 'meat' substitute.

Quote from: RobA on April 28, 2014, 12:51:50 AM
Quote from: Scruffie on April 27, 2014, 11:48:49 PM
[...] that and every vegan i've met has been too preachy and I don't want to become that... I will still cook meat for others (and I can well regardless of eating it) and don't give a shit if others like it, but i'm not eating it. In fact I find i'm more often in the middle, both meat eaters and vegans pushing their side.

The friends I have that are vegans are much too nice and centered to get preachy about it, but I do know vegetarians that get that way and it's damned annoying. From the other side, I still had friends and family asking me when I was going to eat meat after I'd been vegetarian for 20 years. That one just makes me smile now.

Quote from: Scruffie on April 28, 2014, 12:37:15 AM
I do love reeses, chocolate and peanut butter is an amazing mix. As is caramel and/or chocolate and salt... bacon and chocolate topped doughnut filled with salted peanut butter and caramel... mmm

I haven't gotten into the chocolate and salt craze yet, but I have fallen victim to the chocolate and chili movement ;D.
I was actually referring to my brother about vegans, him and his now ex and their 'vegan forum' buddies entirely put me off it, i'd eat something with a bit of milk in and he'd say 'that's got cow puss in it' as I was eating it... I accept dairy is bad for animal welfare... but i'm not a dick ;D My parents were accepting and now basically follow a vegetarian diet (although from 15+ I did the family cooking anyway for 7 people) not cause of choice or reason, they're just happy with it years after the vegans/veggies not living with them and my girlfriend doesn't cook and I offer to cook meat but she likes the veggie dishes I cook and doesn't care and should I have them, i'll be bringing my child up eating meat (and speaking german for the GF  ;D) until they decide themselves if they want it.

I saw chocolate and salt on TV, then in a restaurant it was on the menu so I gave it a try, it really did bring out the chocolate flavour. Yet to try chilli and chocolate but after a long break from chilli (no reason, just... wasn't buying them) i'm back on them and interested, i've tried strong dark chocolate in tomato dishes and it does work very well... yet is still weird.

Quote from: GrindCustoms on April 28, 2014, 01:03:18 AM
My day job is selling rep and delivery(trucker) for Nestlé Canada ice cream division.... so yeah.... i eat BUNCH of ice cream and chocolate, lets call that a «social advantage». lol

Hagen-Daaz have been releasing bunch of salted/chocolate/caramel/name it! products, i've tried them all, i'm not yet bonding with those flavors. Nothing can beat their «Mayan Chocolate» ice cream for me. ;D
The only way we get cookie dough here is in ice cream... I want your job.
Works at Lectric-FX